The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitted sweaters.

I had my sim knit a sweater with a scarf, went to her inventory to add it to her wardrobe but its still not showing in create a sim. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,330 Member
    edited January 2022
    Did you click on the item in your inventory and select add to wardrobe?

Oops. Nevermind. Seems like you did that.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,534 Member
    You unlock only a swatch, not all of them, so you need to click on the locked sweater with the scarf and see which of the swatches got unlocked.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes like what crocobaura said you need to click on the sweater even though it looks locked and see if the swatch got unlocked. Honestly though, it doesn't always work for me when I select add to wardrobe. It disappears and I get the notice that it was added, but really it wasn't when I checked, so I have had to knit a few things twice but it's okay I don't mind I love knitting in the game.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Right. I checked the different swatches and it still isnt there. I tried another one and still the same. Ive unlocked two swatches for the sweater dress without an issue 🤷‍♂️ i guess another bug.
  • Options
    BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I just bought Nifty Knitting today as it was on Special Offer 30% off and so far I am loving it. Its just really nice to have my Sim sitting at home listening to music, chillaxing and knitting. I've got a Llama so I can supply some of the materials needed but I will need to work out how to produce the other different coloured materials, which will be fun to do!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,523 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Yes like what crocobaura said you need to click on the sweater even though it looks locked and see if the swatch got unlocked. Honestly though, it doesn't always work for me when I select add to wardrobe. It disappears and I get the notice that it was added, but really it wasn't when I checked, so I have had to knit a few things twice but it's okay I don't mind I love knitting in the game.

I experienced the same issue. Sometimes adding it to cas does not seem to work properly and I have to knit a specific cas item a second time.
  • Options
    UmbrelleUmbrelle Posts: 1 New Member
    Same. When I look at the knitted sweater in my inventory, I cannot add it to wardrobe. The option is grayed out and it says it is already there but I did not add it. When I got to CAS, all color options are locked and I have knitted 3 different colors of the sweater with scarf and dress already.

I did notice that when I create new sweaters, all the options show a locked icon on the right hand side even though I'm level 9 now. Maybe that has something to do with it. Those locks show even for level 1 knitting options.
  • Options
    tc145tc145 Posts: 8 New Member
    My SIM knits a sweater but can't add it to wardrobe even though the skill is maxed out. Is this a glitch for anyone else? So annoying.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 711 Member
    I have trouble adding knitted items to wardrobe if I don't do it right away. If I leave it in the sim's inventory too long, I can't add to wardrobe. Some kind of glitch I think.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I have trouble adding knitted items to wardrobe if I don't do it right away. If I leave it in the sim's inventory too long, I can't add to wardrobe. Some kind of glitch I think.

I think this is happening to me too. I notice if I add it right away after it's knitted and then check in CAS it is there, but if I leave it in the inventory for a while and try to add it, it gets glitchy or something and doesn't add properly and I have to knit it again.
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 165 Member
    Same for me... also if I gift any knitted clothes they get greyed out and the receiver can't add them to their household's wardarobe because "they are already added" even they really aren't.