Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does uptown ever get food carts or the grocery stand?

StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
I've moved one of my played households into Uptown of San Myshuno. I think this is the first time I've ever actually played a household in this neighborhood of the city and the first thing I've noticed after two days living there is that there is never a food cart or grocery stand out in the neighborhood.

That's my favorite part of living in San Myshuno. I know every other neighborhood in the city gets them...is Uptown too snobby to see street vendors or something?
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve gotten stalls that sell cupcakes, as well as the tea/coffee one in that area. It’s been a while since I’ve played there, so I can’t be sure if something in a patch may have affected it more recently. I think there are two “levels” of that area, the stalls show up on the upper one closer to the apartments for me, not down near the podium & chairs.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the response @Kita5399! I will keep watching for them now because of what you said. I thought I was thorough in where I looked, but I'll also make sure i'm looking at the upper level.
    I felt that I saw a vendor up there in the past at least one of the times when visiting the Gym in that neighborhood, so your reply just confirms I'm not remembering wrong. Eliza Pancakes was the vendor...that's why I remember it.
  • Options
    Vendor just showed up when my Sims traveled back home from the Romance festival. It's a food vendor, so that's cool...gives me hope I will see a variety over time just like all the other neighborhoods. Thanks again @Kita5399!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    No problem! I do feel like something may have changed in a patch with the vendors though. I have been playing with SE, and noticed that the stall by the ski lift only gets a vendor during the snow festival. The other stalls in that world work fine, and I don’t see a “stuck” vendor Sim anywhere. I’m intrigued and want to investigate.. however it’s 4am for me, so I’m off to catch a few hours of sleep. I’ll try to test a few out if I get a chance tomorrow.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 964 Member
    I am not sure where Uptown is, but the area with the gym does.

21_01_13.png
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’ve gotten stalls that sell cupcakes, as well as the tea/coffee one in that area.
    Me, too.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Uptown gets the following food stands:

American - Monday
    Japanese - Tuesday & Friday
    Cupcakes - Wednesday & Saturday
    Gourmet - Thursday & Sunday

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Food_stand
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Uptown gets the following food stands:

American - Monday
    Japanese - Tuesday & Friday
    Cupcakes - Wednesday & Saturday
    Gourmet - Thursday & Sunday

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Food_stand

Oh, hot dang! Those food stands are on a schedule. I've had City Living since it came out and I never figured that part out.
    Thank you so very much for this information. Now I also know the grocery stand never comes to that neighborhood and I shall have to do my grocery shopping in other districts....or add one to the gym.

It is very odd I had no carts for 2 days when I first moved in, but it is all sorted now. I had exited and restarted the game after the 2nd day, so I don't know if that is why they started showing up, or simply because I had my Sims travel elsewhere and back.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    No problem! I do feel like something may have changed in a patch with the vendors though. I have been playing with SE, and noticed that the stall by the ski lift only gets a vendor during the snow festival. The other stalls in that world work fine, and I don’t see a “stuck” vendor Sim anywhere. I’m intrigued and want to investigate.. however it’s 4am for me, so I’m off to catch a few hours of sleep. I’ll try to test a few out if I get a chance tomorrow.

Me too! I don't have SE, but few months ago I think I noticed food vendors on locations where I never saw them before. This includes Uptown. I played Uptown since the release, and I think there are more vendors now than it used to be.

Anyway, if something changed, it seems to be for the better :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    edited January 2022
    @stormkeep, this may sound incredibly strange, but check your skies if you have something like this:

36d2f638447f089fd78258f2b66acc2d3169c76d.png

8df4c8eca26ed9aec4411e311f01367142ef9086.png

Sometimes when loading into an apartment the game spawns vendor stalls and whole festivals into the sky instead of on the ground. The vendors appear on ground level, where they just walk around. I have this issue in my rotational save occasionally, festivals for the most part are working, but food stalls are a bit of hit and miss about where they want to appear.
  • Options
    Oh, geez @EnkiSchmidt, I wish I'd known to look way up there when there weren't any food stands out there for 2 days. Since then I've had the proper ones for the day of week showing up as they are supposed to, but that sure might be where they had been on the days where they were missing.
    That's just crazy. :lol:
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have those sky festival things pretty much every time I think to look. Including during a festival that spawns correctly. I wonder if they are always up there??

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    It might just be friendly advertising from Grim Reaper: "When you pass there will be a festival waiting for you up there. Fear not!"
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    My game has circled around back to the same day of the week (Friday) where the stands were absent in uptown and...again there is none out there. I looked up in the sky and there's none up there as well.
    For some reason, my Uptown just isn't getting the Japanese food stand like it is supposed to. :(

When one of my Sims goes to her (rabbithole) work, I'm going to take the other one to a different world for a day trip to see if maybe leaving uptown for a while gets it to show up. I've had that work when festivals weren't populating when they were supposed to.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    You can put the food stands on a community market lot and visit there when you wish to buy something. They spawn NPC autonomously on those lots, though some will not do that not every day.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2022
    Omg 😳 I was asking about a similar issue on Twitter:

IhiP5Im.jpg
    flO4n3A.jpg

But I never got an answer. I didn’t even think to tab cam the sky, which I did once on a lark and saw exactly what @EnkiSchmidt posted. So it’s a bug then, not really game breaking but annoying. I took out my mods and repaired my game but it didn’t fix it. Eventually Moira & Co. left and the stands started spawning as normal.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,964 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You can put the food stands on a community market lot and visit there when you wish to buy something. They spawn NPC autonomously on those lots, though some will not do that not every day.

This is a great idea. I want my sims to have access to all the stalls whenever I want.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Omg 😳 I was asking about a similar issue on Twitter:

But I never got an answer. I didn’t even think to tab cam the sky, which I did once on a lark and saw exactly what @EnkiSchmidt posted. So it’s a bug then, not really game breaking but annoying. I took out my mods and repaired my game but it didn’t fix it. Eventually Moira & Co. left and the stands started spawning as normal.

Mine was resolved (for the 2nd time) after I went to another world for a while with one Sim while the other was off at work. When they came back home that evening the vendor stalls were back where they belonged.
    While it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone having this problem, I'm sorry you have to deal with it too. It's kinda frustrating! :lol:
    crocobaura wrote: »

Yah, I do that for some of the stalls. Like I already have the lovely "The Village Grocery Store" lot in Magnolia Promenade and I put it on a larger lot than the gallery store required, so I also added a produce stand and garden stand on the street to the side (and a playground in back).

For anyone looking for a great grocery store updated for Cottage Living, this really is a great retail lot with an excellent selection of stock.

00.jpg
  • Options
    I have those sky festival things pretty much every time I think to look. Including during a festival that spawns correctly. I wonder if they are always up there??

Yes, sadly, once up there they will stay. A follower on tumblr suggested to declare them festivals of broom-riding spellcasters, and I adopted that headcanon. In case you want to know what else the game has in store in this regard:
    6c7b587f5dfc52f2557419e4ab0052ccbcbdf969.png

@Pamtastic72 Like you, I noticed the sky festivals too late. My penthouse dwellers wanted to watch the Mischief festival fireworks from above and trying to get a good angle I suddenly saw the strange cluster.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    I had no idea the vendors had a schedule. I thought it was random.

I always wondered where that Festival stuff went when it just disappears at the end of the day... Aliens! Aliens are stealing it and holding festivals in the sky! -George Cahill from Strangerville.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    what are those @EnkiSchmidt ? pieces of buildings?

I like the broom-riding spellcaster festival idea.

• Options
    what are those @EnkiSchmidt ? pieces of buildings?

I like the broom-riding spellcaster festival idea.

Could be apartment shells or some of the background buildings from Spice Market. In any case they seem to be copies only, because none of the stuff on the ground is missing. I noticed the new structures the day after one of my Paranormal Investigators did a gig in one of the Spice Market apartments.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    I am having this problem (but never thought to look into the sky though) that whenever I log into my households in San Myshuno the stalls are poof and the vendors are standing there like....'what the fudge?!?!?!' But if I take my Sims traveling, has to be via the phone, to another lot in the same area OR even to another hood and back again, also via the phone, the stalls are back. If I do nothing the stalls will eventually re-spawn at night (at the hours when the stalls start a new rotation). I thought I was having problems with mods and I have been meaning to do a 50/50 checkup but as it doesn't really bother me or hinder game-play much I have been putting it on the back burner.

But I am glad I am not the only one. And yes, I will check the skies next time I play in San Myshuno.

Oh and the same thing goes for festivals. If I log out during festival time (and my Sims are living in festival area) the festival is gone next time I log out. I have to travel to another San Myshuno area and back again for the festival to reappear. And as it is festivals I dare not not bring them back as I am afraid festivals might glitch even more.
  • Options
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Oh and the same thing goes for festivals. If I log out during festival time (and my Sims are living in festival area) the festival is gone next time I log out. I have to travel to another San Myshuno area and back again for the festival to reappear. And as it is festivals I dare not not bring them back as I am afraid festivals might glitch even more.

Yep, I have it with festivals as well if I exit the game and then return to it while a festival is in progress. I've found that, just like you, if I have my sims travel to any other neighborhood and then back it restores festivals (or food stalls) right away. I do use mods, but when I first had missing stalls in San Myshuno I removed them all and cleared caches to see if it made a difference and it did not.

BTW, I have no festivals or food carts in the sky either. I've been looking up ever since someone mentioned it and there's nothing up there but clouds and stars.