Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long has this been in the game?

I don't remember seeing this option before tonight

You can order all sorts of crystals on the computer??

crystals.png

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i believe this was added in with get famous because of that crystal crown item that came with the pack. it needs a crystal to run and different crystals have different effects, so they made a few, mostly more common ones, purchasable
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    About over 7 years it's been in the game.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    @kalaksed @SERVERFRA ahh okay it must come with the pack then. That's the pack I most recently purchased. Now to decide if Akira Kibo will have an easier time collecting elements now that he can get so many crystals from the computer... or if he'll turn up his nose at online ordering and insist on doing it the old fashioned way

thanks!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Still don't know what the crystal crown is ha. I think you have to find it in the jungle??
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited January 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Still don't know what the crystal crown is ha. I think you have to find it in the jungle??

An odd object included in The Sims 4 Get Famous Expanion Pack is the Celestial Crystal Crown. Its uses are many, for it takes the power of Collectible Crystals and amplifies them, producing magical effects. Crystals are found on the ground in the world's many neighborhoods and reliably at the end of Jungle Temples. You can also purchase common and uncommon crystals on the computer.

The Celestial Crystal Crown is found in Objects by Room > Study > Indoor Activities for only $100. The price is low but you must factor in the use of crystals, which are not infinite unless you're buying the commons and uncommons.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/getfamous/celestial-crystal-crown.php
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022

It's from Get Famous, actually. To get one you have to buy it in build mode, I don't believe there is any gameplay way to just "get" one. It does some pretty potent things with the right crystals installed.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options

@simgirl1010 @Stormkeep Omg I've been looking everywhere in the jungle for that thing and it's in the build buy objects?! I thought it was an Ancient Relic. :joy: I feel so dumb now. This forum educates me every day. Thanks so much, you have saved my jungle explorers more sleepless nights in their tents, in the rain, wandering around Selvadorada and digging through dirt piles looking for it.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've never used the crystal crown. I really ought to! I kind of want to now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    what kind of effects do you get out of using the crown?
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    what kind of effects do you get out of using the crown?

Tons of different effects depending on the crystal you put in it. Putting in a Fire Opal, for example, causes it to fill the Sim's Hygiene need and make them always successful with any friendly socials which they do. A Rainborz makes it fill every single need except Energy and also shoot out pulses that make other nearby sims happy. There are others which boost skill gain speed for various skills and one which doubles the rate of career advancement.

Follow the link to Carl's guides site in her post above for the full list.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I've stumbled across the crown a few times while playing the game, although I can't remember where, unfortunately. Probably digging for treasure or fishing? Or maybe a dust bunny gifted me with one?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    I tried the crown yesterday and now I remembered why I forgot about it - it looks more like a helmet than a true crown.
  • Options
    I tried the crown yesterday and now I remembered why I forgot about it - it looks more like a helmet than a true crown.

:lol: Hahaha....exactly why I never get it. It might have some great powers with certain crystals but it looks ridiculous when a Sim is wearing it.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »

:lol: Hahaha....exactly why I never get it. It might have some great powers with certain crystals but it looks ridiculous when a Sim is wearing it.

My poor vampire has twice felt embarrassed wearing it. I wish it resembled an actual crown, that would be rather less silly.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I think it suits better for a Scientist than a Famous sim. I never used it, but would be fun having one weird nerdy sim wearing it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    I wonder if it's sort of a joke on rich Californians' New Age ideas about crystals and their powers?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I wonder if it's sort of a joke on rich Californians' New Age ideas about crystals and their powers?

Harnessing crystal energy is very new age stuff. I made a jewelry shop selling crystals and the crown, and some other golden stuff, but none of my sims got around to actually wearing it. It looks very silly.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Exactly my thought too, and that sleeping chamber thing, I took as a poke in the ribs to all the weird treatments celebs burn their cash on in a fruitless chase of eternal youth.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »

It's from Get Famous, actually. To get one you have to buy it in build mode, I don't believe there is any gameplay way to just "get" one. It does some pretty potent things with the right crystals installed.

Hm, so that's why I don't know about it. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Yes. I agree with those who said it's more of a helmet than an actual crown lol.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I think it's kinda cute.

0DCuqJr.png