Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starving Chicken Won't Eat???

Hi all. Can somebody please help me before I throw my PC out of the window? Lol. My Sim has a chicken thinking about leaving because she is starving. I am not kidding, I have used the interaction to feed this specific chicken about 6 times, and she doesn't make any move to eat. I have even reset her (debug). What am I supposed to do? As far as I can tell there isn't even a cheat to fill Cottage Living animals needs? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I had a chicken get "stuck" such that I couldn't do any of the socialization actions nor feed it an animal treat once, but never one that wasn't eating at all.

For me, I was still able to do the interaction of picking it up (adding it to the sim's inventory) and when I put it back down it got unstuck.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Thanks Stormkeep. Maybe if I put it in my inventory and get it out again it may fix things then. Worth a shot!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I've noticed that some chicken don't like to be fed by hand. You could also try adding more scattered food piles around the coop, see if that makes a difference.
  • Options
    Thanks Kironide. I didn't realise you could feed chickens by hand. When I click to feed a specific chicken my sims just seem to scatter feed everywhere like when you use the coop. There was no feed left after doing this about 6 times because every other chicken was eating except the one that was actually hungry, lol.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    You can also upgrade the chicken coop to be an auto feeder so you don't have to worry about your chickies starving. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    akirabauschakirabausch Posts: 11 New Member
    I was having this problem too. I thought it was because there was snow on the ground and the chicken could not see the food...but the other two chickens were eating and it wasn't a problem. I ended up selling the chicken. Next time I'll try putting in my inventory. And I didn't know you could upgrade the coop with an auto feeder! I always do the 'fox alarm' first.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your responses! The problem seemed to right itself the next time I loaded the game up, but I will remember these comments if it happens again. :)