Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CARNIVAL KIT: Unisex clothes

Not many seem to have noticed (or at least I haven't found a thread about this) but the looks in the leaked pic of the CARNIVAL KIT are UNISEX

https://simscommunity.info/2022/01/12/leak-the-sims-4-carnaval-streetwear-kit/

Yes, we could have used female clothes on male before and viceversa.
But I remember someone pointing at the fact that the majority of female clothes would be strange around male's breast area and same thing with male pants on female bodies.

This leak, instead, clearly has unisex clothes that fits perfectly on male bodies.

What are your thoughts on this?
I personally would love to be able to mix clothes between male/female sims but I always get stopped by breast/pants problem.

Comments

• Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    The article doesn't mention them being unisex, so it's possible those are clothes with specific versions for male frames. I do like the idea, though.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I don't really see the point of making femine clothing Unisex since this might just mess up the labeling system in CAS and how outfits are being generated on townies. Right now there's no way around that without mods.

I'm a bit of an old fashioned kinda guy and although I have absolutely no problem with drag culture, I don't need to see every second dude in my game walking around in a sexy skirt and a bikini top.

I do think they should create two sets of meshes on a selection of outfits if they want to be inclusive: one for the ladies, one for the dudes, but label them appropriately. If it's a feminine outfit, label it as femine and vice versa. When a player wants a male sim to wear it, they will need to manually select the option (the way it is now) but this time the male will automatically wear the same outfit using the male frame mesh.

It may take time to modify these meshes for each frame, but at least that way there shouldn't be any deformities in pants and chests.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't really see the point of making femine clothing Unisex since this might just mess up the labeling system in CAS and how outfits are being generated on townies. Right now there's no way around that without mods.

I'm a bit of an old fashioned kinda guy and although I have absolutely no problem with drag culture, I don't need to see every second dude in my game walking around in a sexy skirt and a bikini top.

I do think they should create two sets of meshes on a selection of outfits if they want to be inclusive: one for the ladies, one for the dudes, but label them appropriately. If it's a feminine outfit, label it as femine and vice versa. When a player wants a male sim to wear it, they will need to manually select the option (the way it is now) but this time the male will automatically wear the same outfit using the male frame mesh.

It may take time to modify these meshes for each frame, but at least that way there shouldn't be any deformities in pants and chests.

After 8 years of discreet cardigans I'm so ready for guys in sexy bikini tops :D ! And it would be great if they would finally fit on male bodies without weird shadows.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

After 8 years of discreet cardigans I'm so ready for guys in sexy bikini tops :D ! And it would be great if they would finally fit on male bodies without weird shadows.

Oh I agree! With the latter. 😅
  • Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2022
    Enough with 🐸🐸🐸🐸 unisex clothes!
    Listen I support LGTB+ but those clothes is too feminine. Are they hate men that much! It isn't equality if they always just do unisex and feminine one but ignore masculine! I want to play transmale sim and it is hard to find good male clothes or good hairstyle! It look strange block too!

I don't judge anyone that gonna wear them but we need 'normal' clothes! Real unisex clothes that not feminine or musculine! One that everyone could wear in everwhere not drag queen street one! Last kit that suppose for male turn out to be unisex clothes instead. I was disappointed.

If they really want to put femine clothes on male that much, fixed strange shape if you put male clothes on female sim too!
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member

As always, I absolutely agree with you