Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skill gain on research computers, how do they work?

I'm wondering if it's a bug or not, and searching google didn't help. When my sim goes to an electromagnetic research computer to do some research at Britechesters library, it never matters which skill I want to research, I will only gain points for Research and Debate. Either I'm dumb or there is no need to categorize all the skills on those computers.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    I'm wondering if it's a bug or not, and searching google didn't help. When my sim goes to an electromagnetic research computer to do some research at Britechesters library, it never matters which skill I want to research, I will only gain points for Research and Debate. Either I'm dumb or there is no need to categorize all the skills on those computers.

My sims is in the education career and one of the career requirements is to level up in the debate skill using the Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine. I once noticed that when researching she did increase her cooking skill. I haven't paid much attention to it since.
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you. I figured it out. We do gain some skill percentage, but only after we complete the activity. Meanwhile the Research and Debate skill also goes up more dynamically at the same time. So we work on two skills at once while researching. And to boost, we get a focused buff which is great for academic gains.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Or if you want to just increase debate and research, you can research researching and get both increases applied just to that skill. It's a pretty sweet machine, imo, for the skills which it can increase while you also still need/want to raise debate and research too.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods