Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ultimate base game starter set of Mods?

Hey y'all, I'm still pretty beginner-level when it comes to mods, and searching through them can feel really overwhelming. I'm doing a base game challenge and I would love advice from more experienced modders and users on what would be the best "starter set" of mods to use! 💜

I'm really interested in gameplay mods, especially those recolor ones that are supposed to improve the overall visual aesthetic of the game. Additionally I love build mode it's what I play 90% of the time, so build/buy mode mods would be great as well.

Thanks in advance!
⮕MY DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GALLERY⬅
e240ae6e-dd5f-4ade-b889-22a7bed06e4f-profile_banner-480.pngI STREAM THE SIMS 4 & SMITE EVERY WEEK ON TWITCH 🌆 CURRENT CHALLENGE: BEAUTIFYING BASE GAME 🌆

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    One I'd definitely recommend if you're looking to improve how the game looks is the K-Hippie texture mods, they improve how things look a lot and make the worlds look more realistic with better grass and trees. There's 4 sections but I'd recommend getting all, it includes content for all the expansions so it's a big file but you can just delete any you don't have and it'll be a lot smaller :)

Improved Plants and Trees
    Better Terrain/Grass Mod
    Terrain Paint Improved
    Better Flooring

For gameplay NPCC (npc control) is a big recommend, it stops the game from making weird looking sims

https://www.npccmod.com/download

If you want furniture CC too, then I recommend myshunosun on tumblr, they have a lot of good sets

https://myshunosun.tumblr.com/cc
  • Options
    E1ethE1eth Posts: 82 Member
    @Onverser those sound great, thank you so much!!

I forgot to mention I am also interested in world map mods or if there are any mods to create your own map or add lots to existing ones, etc! I really miss that feature from Sims 3 💔 lol
    ⮕MY DESIGNS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE GALLERY⬅
    e240ae6e-dd5f-4ade-b889-22a7bed06e4f-profile_banner-480.pngI STREAM THE SIMS 4 & SMITE EVERY WEEK ON TWITCH 🌆 CURRENT CHALLENGE: BEAUTIFYING BASE GAME 🌆