Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Errands?

So, I know you can do errands in Henford-on-Bagely, but are there any of those kind of jobs around other towns? I think there are like "odd jobs" but I've never done them. Are they kind of the same thing?
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    So, I know you can do errands in Henford-on-Bagely, but are there any of those kind of jobs around other towns? I think there are like "odd jobs" but I've never done them. Are they kind of the same thing?

Odd Jobs are similar. Some are active (fetch quests, mainly) and some are rabbithole (judging contest etc).

Location wise, they can be done anywhere, but they came with IL so fetch quests might involve Sulani visits for coconuts etc, unless you can get them another way.

The sim who posted the job is who you have to see with active quests, so just stick to local sims and rabbithole jobs if you want to play it in a similar vein to Errands.

The rating/progression system is an overall rating from all sims too, rather than per sim task progression like Errands.

Lore-wise, HoB Errands all match with the character assigning them. Odd Jobs, however, are randomised. You could just avoid jobs that don't fit your image of that sim if that kind of thing bothers you.

Reward-wise, you only get cash and relationship changes from Odd Jobs afaik, no items like with Errands. I'm not sure how this increases with ratings as I haven't used it a lot on any one sim, but I would assume payouts increase over time.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Odd Jobs are similar. Some are active (fetch quests, mainly) and some are rabbithole (judging contest etc).

Location wise, they can be done anywhere, but they came with IL so fetch quests might involve Sulani visits for coconuts etc, unless you can get them another way.

The sim who posted the job is who you have to see with active quests, so just stick to local sims and rabbithole jobs if you want to play it in a similar vein to Errands.

The rating/progression system is an overall rating from all sims too, rather than per sim task progression like Errands.

Lore-wise, HoB Errands all match with the character assigning them. Odd Jobs, however, are randomised. You could just avoid jobs that don't fit your image of that sim if that kind of thing bothers you.

Reward-wise, you only get cash and relationship changes from Odd Jobs afaik, no items like with Errands. I'm not sure how this increases with ratings as I haven't used it a lot on any one sim, but I would assume payouts increase over time.
    Yeah, I hope to see some more of these odd job, and errand jobs in packs, and some more part time careers as well, I’d like to see some new active part time careers as well.