Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing Sims 3 Still in 2021

shawnlee37shawnlee37 Posts: 36 Member
Hi Simmers! It has been a very long time that I have posted here(March 2015 to be exact-6 years later). I love this game and in the year of 2021, Iam still FAITHFULLY still playing this game. I thought my game was working good and then BOOM! I started having probs again with the game such as lagging, screen turning black and etc. My computer finally took a crap and I started doing some hard research on computers and thought of what I wanted to do with and in-use game and decided that I needed something wit some "oomphf" in it but not something that would cause the pockets to explode :)

I missed playing the Sims 3 and though I had heard some "good and bad" stories about Sims 4- I still wanted to play Sims 3(this is when I started playing the game) and just feel it is the best one yet to come out. After 6 years, I invested in a system with 1 TB , downloaded my game(Base Game and 7-8 expansion packs and I have MODS from NRASS downloaded on my game - I love the play that I can do. I can have taxes in my town, run the town a certain way, control the speed of time, get stories of whats going on in the neighborhood and I love it especially the slow down of time because you have a lot more time to do a lot more things in the day.

And Iam able to do all this without anymore lag time or screens turning black or nothing. And to be honest, I only spent about $400 for my computer which is not bad for 1 TB because I have come to realize that this game needs SPACE and LOTS OF IT and I have also realized that it is just best to take the homes already created in the game and upgrade those homes by changing wall color, flooring and etc - this is imo.

I LOVE plying the game now and I can play for hours and hours without any probs and it feels good to be able to play something that relaxes you so well and I didnt think anyone would still be playing this game anymore but it looks as though many are coming back to it or being introduced and LOVING IT -either way - Welcome and Enjoy and Happy Simming Simmers!

This wont be the last that you hear from me!

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    deavvedeavve Posts: 20 Member
    I'm also still playing TS3 and since I have a new computer I really enjoy it as it's not lagging anymore and runs sooo smoothly
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    I just came back to playing sims 3 as I got bored with sims 4 but also there is still a lot I haven’t completed but I do go back and forth on them.
  • Options
    NerdedixliiNerdedixlii Posts: 6 New Member
    Maybe some fellow Sims 3 lovers can help me out..... I have tried posting this in the technical help but got little to no help. I just bought a new gaming rig and my graphics settings are all over the place. I don't want to bust my PC, so here's my specs...

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC
    20C2 Cycle AV
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 SUPER™ (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)
    256 SSD storage
    8 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 4 GB)
    Realtek Canary ac 2x2 +Bluetooth 5 M.2 2230 PCI-e+USB WW with 2 Antennas
    Shadow black front bezel, Acid Green Chrome logo with 400W Power supply
    Windows 11 Home 64
    OSLOC US
    AMD Ryzen™ 5 4600G (3.7 GHz up to 4.2 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache, 6 cores)

Surely it should run it at its highest performance, right? That's kinda what I got it for.....😓 It can run Planet Zoo, Planet Coaster and GTAV, all on very high. Everytime I start the game, it resets my graphics options, I'm so confused.....

Sorry if this isn't the thread to put this under, I'm a new member (but I've been a Simmer my whole life) and I'm just trying to find some help.

Thank you and apologies again for any inconveniences this causes anyone.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Nerdedixlii - Check that tech board thread again. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I love the fact that the old freezing up problems were finally fixed back in 2018. I also love the fact that I can finally have some of the cool Sims 3 Store Worlds like: Dragon Valley & Monte Vista. :p