Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does Spa Day Make You Feel Relaxed?

sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
The question here is obvious. I'd also like to add I've seen a few Simmers talk about how relaxed they feel when they see their Sims at the spa and I want to know how many of you feel the same way.
Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future

Does Spa Day Make You Feel Relaxed? 73 votes

Yes
43%
GalacticGalStormkeepLavasm77BoergeAarg61Paigeisin5JeansooluthienrisingYautjagirlLustianiciaashcrash19megan_mariaLadyKynbixtersannaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7DoloresGreyScobrePhillipaErdnussHopeyStarrbirdonawire 32 votes
No
56%
crocobauraCamkatxoJessiIsb917haneulAnmirlaMariefoxprice83Mizzila1297spice3DragonAge_300905Babykittyjadecynciefiercephoenix91OnverserKarababy52EnkiSchmidtCeridwenMDianaSimsBreazonaRedShoe7 41 votes

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    No
    Not relaxed, but there is a certain appeal to listening to new age music while sims get massaged with perfectly in sync skin rubbing and vocal reaction sound effects to match.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    No
    Real life spas don’t relax me either, though. Granite Falls does. 🌲👍🙂
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I don't own it yet, but my sim playing that sad piano music while there's a thunderstorm, makes me relaxed.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes
    Oh absolutely.

And when my sim uses the sauna I need to open the window because man, it gets hot.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited December 2021
    No
    Thank you @Rouensims now I don't feel like a mutant weirdo for not feeling relaxed at the spa :)

I don't have the spa day pack, therefore I answered No.
    Here are some things in sims that make me feel relaxed though (there are a lot more)

Sims gardening
    Sims painting
    Sibling toddlers or kids talking to each other
    Apartments full of sims socializing. In real life I find this stressful unless the people are family, but with sims, it is oddly soothing.
    Sims riding their bicycles around the neighborhood

Sims having a bath would be relaxing if it wasn't for all the sudden yelping they do in there.
  • Options
    flooootjeflooootje Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    if i don't have 5 toddlers in my household, playing the sims makes me feel relaxed in general. spa day is one of my favourite packs, love the vibe.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    No
    I can't say it relaxes me. Last time I visited a spa with my sims, furniture kept disappearing, a sim got a pedicure with toe nail polish that disappeared as soon as she got off the chair, a bathtub broke down and could not be repaired, had to replace it. What relaxes me is seeing my sims roam all over Sulani islands dressed in their spa bathrobes and slippers. 😂
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes
    It really does. I was working and volunteering front desk at an acupuncture clinic when it came out in exchange for acupuncture treatments and the music in that pack relaxed me as much as getting those treatments.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2021
    No
    hard to feel relaxed when don lothario is managing the massage table :sweat_smile: and aliens are running nailshop right beside you

though i do quite like meditation and yoga in beautiful places yes that is quite relaxing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No
    Not me, however it makes my sims feel relaxed. I've giving some of my households the new Spa Comfy Chair with Feet Soaking.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2021
    No
    Strangely enough it doesn't make me feel relaxed. I like the Spa Day pack a lot and Spa's in real life make me relaxed and I love visiting them.

I think it's because when I am visiting a Spa in real life it's more of an experience, when I visit a Spa in the sims I still know that I am playing a video game.
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I was surprised and pleased. It even made me kind of want to do yoga which is a first. Or at least "stretching and conditioning" because I just want to stretch and breathe, not be in any rigid system for how I do it. I even made myself a High Maintenance Sim who is this admittedly pretty guy who lives alone in this amazing A-frame woodframe house full of plants and soaring windows. He works at the spa and practically lives there, has started making himself known as an influencer and wellness instructor.

It's so funny when he has a high-maintenance temper fit, but then I call someone for a mani pedi and he's right as rain lol. I've never had a mani pedi, in fact I hate the very idea of my nails having anything on them, but I find it funny and compelling how this Sim is so pwecious he has to have his massage and his steam sauna and his oils or the world will face his wrath.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes
    The yoga and the meditation do... at least once a Sim is past the first stages of yoga. Even better: yoga and meditation in Granite Falls.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    No
    No. The real thing relaxes me, but watching sims doesn’t. I used to teach yoga, and it’s all about the mind/body/spirit connection. I don’t get that without practicing myself, but I’m glad my sims are experiencing it.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    No
    Not really, but maybe? I can only remember clearly one incident a long time ago with my Time Lady, The Artist, in the Time Lord Challenge it was very relaxing. She was meditating sitting near the edge of her pool listening to New Age. The pool had a fish fountain and a wall fountain in it. Combined with the New Age, the sound of the water falling and the fact it was late at night, I found myself dozing off a couple times watching her. Hmm, might've just been the exhaustion taking me down for the count. :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Yes
    Depends on spa :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Yes
    A good massage might be better than calming down in a mirror.
    They don't get a relaxed trait but one relecting the massage.
  • Options
    KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    No
    I really doesn't for me, but that's not why I play it. It makes me happy though. ^^
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Yes
    I would have to say under some circumstances, as in why my Sims sought to go to a spa, does make me relax. Generally, I send the 'girl's off a day or so before the upcoming wedding. Sometimes, Erik's father takes him to the Spa to help the youth get over the tension of his heavy self-made schedule. The kid became a Global Superstar in his Teens. We all know the mood swings a Teen can go through, too. Especially in this game if you have Parenthood! Sadly, the Paparazzi followed him, like little puppy dogs waiting for a treat. :pensive:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Yes
    Yes, actually.

This is going to sound weird but the sound effects are like ASMR triggers for me. The sound effects from all the massages, especially the stone massage, make my scalp all the way to my legs tingle like crazy. It was pretty weird thing to discover about myself.

Other than that, I do find it relaxing in general. I love spas, but I never have the opportunity to go to a spa IRL. So, I treat my sims to a nice day and pretend it's me.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    No
    I mostly feel jealous because "oh man that message looks good. I remember that pedicure I had exactly once in my life. Man going to the spa seems nice."

I do live in a nice big city where there likely are some nice spas around but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh PLAGUE.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!