Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Errand Question?

tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
I've been trying to do this errand for the Creature Keeper for a long time but I can't figure out how to eat Mushroom Mash. Do I have to make it or buy? Where do I get it?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2021
    I haven’t got the pack yet, but you can probably forage and plant the mushrooms, maybe even buy them from the new grocery site/delivery? And since it says mash, you probably have to cook it.
  • Options
    SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    I haven’t had luck finding the spicy mushrooms yet.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The Creature Keeper will give you a serving when you tick of the first task I think. It should be in your sims inventory. Mind though, only use it when it isn't raining or dark outside, makes it easier to do the next task.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My Sim is doing an Errand for the Mayor of Finch(whatever the rest of the name is). He can't find the spicy mushrooms, either. Nor was he fishing in the correct river. Where the heck is the New Old Henford river located? I noticed it's not listed on the map. Face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2021
    @GalacticGal the spicy mushrooms are available in the Bramblewood neighborhood in Volpe Park, near the ruins, and in the ruins, up near the cabin at the top of the waterfall (there’s a bench up there kind of just below the cabin on the foot path), they also grow along the river bank. You have to scour the ground and they may be labeled “mysterious mushrooms” or “strange mushrooms” and you have to pick them and check your inventory for the true varietal to be revealed. They may also appear as a plain dirt pile so hover your mouse over any of those you come across because some are dig spots and some are mushrooms. You can also purchase them at the Crumplebottoms’ garden stall. But their inventory constantly changes so you need to check in with them every day. Also important to note spicy mushrooms 🍄 are a winter crop. It’s best to be in the woods before 6 a.m. game time too, as that’s when all of the harvestable plants spawn.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Thank you so very much! I did take my Sim and his next two younger brothers over there. But at the time he hadn't yet been to the festival, nor inquired about helping out to receive errands. I will take him back. Had to remove a favorite mod, as the latest and greatest version has just about everybody around ill. Talk about a Simdemic! Yikes. Oh, I activated his girlfriend's household and from there panned the camera around. Couldn't find a fishing sign to save my life. Perhaps, once I have the two take a stroll around, they'll come upon it. I can hope. At any rate, you've been very generous with your game knowledge. Thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @GalacticGal the spicy mushrooms are available in the Bramblewood neighborhood in Volpe Park, near the ruins, and in the ruins, up near the cabin at the top of the waterfall (there’s a bench up there kind of just below the cabin on the foot path), they also grow along the river bank. You have to scour the ground and they may be labeled “mysterious mushrooms” or “strange mushrooms” and you have to pick them and check your inventory for the true varietal to be revealed. They may also appear as a plain dirt pile so hover your mouse over any of those you come across because some are dig spots and some are mushrooms. You can also purchase them at the Crumplebottoms’ garden stall. But their inventory constantly changes so you need to check in with them every day. Also important to note spicy mushrooms 🍄 are a winter crop. It’s best to be in the woods before 6 a.m. game time too, as that’s when all of the harvestable plants spawn.

That's good to know about being there before 6am -- I haven't started any of the errands yet but I'll have my Sim go find some spicy mushrooms and get them planted in her basement (where I'm planning to grow all the mushrooms except the oversized crop ones).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

That's good to know about being there before 6am -- I haven't started any of the errands yet but I'll have my Sim go find some spicy mushrooms and get them planted in her basement (where I'm planning to grow all the mushrooms except the oversized crop ones).

Do the new mushrooms need to be grown in the dark?
  • Options
    KaliedoskopeKaliedoskope Posts: 4 New Member
    I have all the berries for the Mixology Errand for the Pub owner and it says deliver them to her but I have NO IDEA how to do that!! Please help :-(
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have all the berries for the Mixology Errand for the Pub owner and it says deliver them to her but I have NO IDEA how to do that!! Please help :-(

The only errand I have done was for the Pub Owner. I had to deliver some raspberries. The option was buried in the menu choices when I clicked on my sim. I expected it to be one of the top menu choices, but it wasn't. It took a very long time to find it.
  • Options
    KaliedoskopeKaliedoskope Posts: 4 New Member
    So you had to click on your Sim to find it? did it say deliver?
  • Options

Yeah, all I found was the strange mushroom variety. I will give it another go. Thanks! Okay, I'll have to send him before school! He's a Teen. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited July 2021

@Kaliedoskope click on the pub owner with the berries in your inventory and there should be an interaction under the friendly category to deliver the berries.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Do the new mushrooms need to be grown in the dark?

No you can grow them during daylight hours, in fact that’s when most of them are harvestable. Nightly mushrooms are the exception they I believe become harvestable at midnight and glow in the dark.

I should note too @GalacticGal and others you can also get gifted mushrooms of all the new varieties by completing errands for the Creature Keeper.
  • Options
    Sadly, I have to report that the game doesn't reset. Once I picked the only mushrooms we are allowed to pick, they don't seem to grow back. Going before 6 AM showed no more mushrooms, even near the bench by that sweet cottage near the Falls. Face/palm. I have recently put my game through a Repair, as the Festivals (my Sims have attended two so far) don't mention a winner. My Sim or any other Sim. The festival just fades away. Very disappointing, especially since others report winners are at least announced, even if it isn't your Sim. I'm okay with losing, but to not have any winner declared, makes the whole purpose moot.

My thanks to All of you, for your helpful suggestions. My Sim was able to fulfill the first Errand for the Mayor, it's the one for the Grocer that is the sticking point. I haven't given up. I'm hoping the game repair will have jiggled something loose, so to speak. ;)
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2022
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    The Creature Keeper will give you a serving when you tick of the first task I think. It should be in your sims inventory. Mind though, only use it when it isn't raining or dark outside, makes it easier to do the next task.
    Not sure this is a bug but I don't have the serving given from Creature Keeper, what can I do then?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Not sure this is a bug but I don't have the serving given from Creature Keeper, what can I do then?

Have you done all the other tasks for the errand? I remember that the task to eat the serving showed up earlier in the errand than when he actually gives it to you. You have to complete all of the other tasks as he gives them, until that's the last task showing to be done.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods