Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steve Fogel is a big rig trucker???

Oh I had no idea, well, I kinda guessed with that trucker hat lol .. but today my game has just blown up with the discovery that a group of my Maxis townie Sims from the original base game all have biographies in the gallery :love::heart: and I have no idea when these biographies were created, but they are not in my original copies. The ones I had in my game don't have any personal details unless they got deleted in my game? I had no idea in the Maxis gallery there is a Steve Fogel married to June Kay who wants to be a space trucker lol and that June Kay went woodcarving crazy and built everything in her house. Babs married Ollie Purdue and has 3 kids? When did that happen?? But where are their kids??? So my computer genius Dasilva is a mischievous schemer?? well, I will have to set him hacking. It's these small creative biographies that add so much fun to my game. So today I have been inspired to take these beloved Sims out of the gallery and throw them into Strangerville, in light of everything I have learned, it's time for Steve Fogel to meet George Cahill. I have big plans for them involving aliens and space travel.

Is this something new? If so, I hope Maxis does this for other Sims who didn't get biographies when they were created or maybe have new secrets to reveal about their lives.

Anyone else played with these townies? Which households have you discovered in the Maxis gallery that you like to add to your game? Some of my other favourites are the Noble and Rebellious vampires and the Sims 2 recreated families.

Comments

• Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2022
    If you go back to the original trailers you'll see a lot of those details on it: Babs and Ollie appear with their children on Outdoor Retreat trailer.

I guess when they did the new premades from the revamped cover, they also brought back the 2014 originals with biographies. If you hunt on SimGuruJill or SimGuruZephyr profiles you'll also see that the 2014 premades had short but comic lines of biography xD

I play with all the "original cast" and some extra from SimGuru profiles (like Wilson Luchador, James Stock, Gladys Morse, The Arrival Household, Princess Ess) :) They are AMAZING!

Edit: I don't know if the SimGurus whom made those Sims still on Maxis, but congratulations to whoever it is. I love every detail from those Sims and their genetics are so unique that reminds me of the cast from Sunset Valley: diverse, fun and interesting to look at!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Flap wrote: »
    If you go back to the original trailers you'll see a lot of those details on it: Babs and Ollie appear with their children on Outdoor Retreat trailer.

I guess when they did the new premades from the revamped cover, they also brought back the 2014 originals with biographies. If you hunt on SimGuruJill or SimGuruZephyr profiles you'll also see that the 2014 premades had short but comic lines of biography xD

I play with all the "original cast" and some extra from SimGuru profiles (like Wilson Luchador, James Stock, Gladys Morse, The Arrival Household, Princess Ess) :) They are AMAZING!

Edit: I don't know if the SimGurus whom made those Sims still on Maxis, but congratulations to whoever it is. I love every detail from those Sims and their genetics are so unique that reminds me of the cast from Sunset Valley: diverse, fun and interesting to look at!

Thank you so much!! :blush: I will look for those. I didn't realize SimGurus made them.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    some of this also gets hinted at in some of the original teasers/trailers for the game and shows back up in movie posters released around the time of the movie hangouts pack (though they're specifically base game posters)

'epic wood' for june kay is a perfect example.
    the trailer: https://youtube.com/watch?v=q6bBBfbMQxM
    the poster: c791d65d3433c674b7df2e3588585cef.png

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Wow, that poster is so great! :love::joy: I guess I have been missing out because I don't watch any trailers for the game packs. I'll have to track them down and watch them.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh man, some of the trailers are so good... the vampire trailer is, i think, still my favorite one. such a perfect song chosen for it
    that said, the 'malpractice' trailer for get to work is also amazing and beyond hilarious, highly recommended