Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Workout Equipment Please

sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know The Sims 4 Fitness Stuff Pack already exists but I'm dying for more gym equipment!

Dumbbells, leg press, rowing machine, stationary bicycle, elliptical, barbells, squat rack, stair master, etc.

I feel like a lot of those would be easy to animate. I just feel like everytime we get gym equipment it's mostly reskinned stuff we already have, They could add it into the game through their new delivery service or work it in as a Fitness Stuff refresh.

Would this interest anyone else?

P.S. I have Sims 4 on both laptop and Xbox but I primarily play on Xbox so CC is out for me.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Definitely! I love leveling fitness with the mountain climbing rack, yoga mat, soccer ball, and now the star wars light sabre lol.

An Elliptical would be great! :smiley: A balance ball would be great. Or a skipping rope. What I really want is a ballet bar! I want my Sims to do ballet dance routines again.

• Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I’d love to have more typical gym equipment (free weights, squat rack, bench etc), but I suspect it’s unlikely that the devs would want to spend time creating animations that don’t really add any new gameplay.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited December 2021
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Definitely! I love leveling fitness with the mountain climbing rack, yoga mat, soccer ball, and now the star wars light sabre lol.

An Elliptical would be great! :smiley: A balance ball would be great. Or a skipping rope. What I really want is a ballet bar! I want my Sims to do ballet dance routines again.

I'm currently leveling a sim up in the fitness skill. I think I will diversify her fitness equipment. Thanks for suggesting the lightsaber, I will send her to batuu to get one. But I thought the climbing wall was changed to raise the climbing skill after the release of snowy escape.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2021
    There's also the combat robot thing from StrangerVille (career locked item) and the TV based workouts (floor exercises/plumboomba ) from Fitness Stuff to add variety to gyms.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    There's also the combat robot thing from StrangerVille (career locked item) and the TV based workouts (floor exercises/plumboomba ) from Fitness Stuff to add variety to gyms.

There's an unlocked combat thing, as well.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I would love more gym equipment. The rock-climbing wall was a cool addition, but I'd definitely like more equipment like a rowing machine or recumbent bicycle.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

I'm currently leveling a sim up in the fitness skill. I think I will diversify her fitness equipment. Thanks for suggesting the lightsaber, I will send her to batuu to get one. But I thought the climbing wall was changed to raise the climbing skill after the release of snowy escape.

Oh did it change to a climbing skill? I didn't even notice that haha.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2021
    I know The Sims 4 Fitness Stuff Pack already exists but I'm dying for more gym equipment!

Dumbbells, leg press, rowing machine, stationary bicycle, elliptical, barbells, squat rack, stair master, etc.

I feel like a lot of those would be easy to animate. I just feel like everytime we get gym equipment it's mostly reskinned stuff we already have, They could add it into the game through their new delivery service or work it in as a Fitness Stuff refresh.

Would this interest anyone else?

P.S. I have Sims 4 on both laptop and Xbox but I primarily play on Xbox so CC is out for me.

i asked for these previously on other threads. i also asked for more spa equipment as well with different massage chairs instead of beds so a sim only has to sit on it and put their head and arms on various padded areas provided without needing to jump into towels or robes, extra types of massage options including more than just hands, feet and the upper back all the time. Also having a more accessible fitness and spa option would be great where gyms are concerned, i can expand current gyms to include more varied options.

i'd also like to see new types of doors for gyms and spas that exclude paparazzi and fans from coming into the facility, this is so celebrity sims can get some peace and quiet and a relaxing time in a spa and allow them to train without being accosted by others for an autograph and having too many paparazzi parasites from building up and taking a reasonably happy sim into one that becomes tense and then angry because the paparazzi won't go away. It would also be useful to lock out fans because they will gather every sim that are there legitimately and have them stand around in a big ball not only wasting time doing nothing productive but also lowering the performance of the game because there are so many sims in one place. It's gotten to the point that i'm having to order fan sims to leave the lot as soon as they arrive because they are far more trouble than they are worth.

finally i'd like to see sims getting a massage to stop being interrupted by other sims looking to get a massage. when one sim is on the table or chair, the massage must be completed before another sim can get access to the massager. In addition any reflexologists that are engaged in a pedicure with another sim should not be allowed to leave their post when their work shift ends until the pedicure is completed as there is a small window where a sim soaks their feet to the time the sim gets their feet done.

the potential is easily there, it's another matter if the developers ever want to realise it of course.