Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walkout Basement (Is it posible to build it *after* the house is built?)

Hi everyone :)

I have been looking for a way to build a walkout basement and i found out that it's doable, but instead of the basement tool i'll need to use the normal room tool and adjust the terrain. What i understand from that is that it is only posible to build from scratch, before building the house...? Am i understanding it well? My idea was to add a walkout basement to a house that i have already built...
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2021
    I haven't done one for ages but I did add one to a house in Sunlit Tides. It worked because the house was originally built on a foundation. The walk in basement is really a version of a foundation. If your house has a foundation I can explain more about it tomorrow. My PC is off now and it's after 7pm here now.

Alternatively, if you can move your ground floor up and have endless patience you might be able to renovate and convert the ground floor into a walkin basement. But it might be easier to start the build from scratch.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you @Karritz . My house doesn't have a foundation, unfortunatelly... My household will be moving soon and i'll build a house from scratch.
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Thank you @Karritz . My house doesn't have a foundation, unfortunatelly... My household will be moving soon and i'll build a house from scratch.
    I’ve done two tutorials on building on the side of a hill. They will give you ideas on how to do things if you’re interested. They are on my YouTube channel.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    I’ve done two tutorials on building on the side of a hill. They will give you ideas on how to do things if you’re interested. They are on my YouTube channel.

Thank you! I'll look for it!
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Thank you! I'll look for it!

The link to my channel is in my signature.

How to build a one level house into the side of a hill - like a walk in basement on the side of a hill.

https://youtu.be/63vBxqAFxrI

This one is built into the side of a steep hill and is more complicated than the first one.

https://youtu.be/t_KU70FCUGg

NOTE: No effort was made to decorate or make a pretty design of either builds. They are just showing how to do the basic build.
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Karritz :smile:
  • Options
    Here is a pic of one of the boarding schools I built. As you can see there are three exits on this side of the house and each one of them is on a different level. I sometimes have a hilarious time playing around on hillsides. This house looks like it has a single story from the street side. But it actually has 5 levels.

Elouise-And-Kaylee001.jpg
  • Options
    That's amazing @Karritz !
  • Options

It's also fun. You did ask about walking basements - now you can see some of the possibilities.
  • Options

It's also fun. You did ask about walking basements - now you can see some of the possibilities.

This is really amazing! Considering i'll start building from scratch i really appreciate the variety of examples. I'm thinking i could use the tecnic to do a garage in my sim's home :smile: