Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about traits affecting paintings

Hi all. So I'm new to TS3 and haven't played around with the painting skill yet, but my sim has an artistic girlfriend so I will be soon. I found out though that certain traits affect how paintings look, and I don't like the way the the Artistic trait filter looks at all. I have seen some people say that only happens when painting a stylized painting, but since I'm new to the game I don't know if that's true.
Can anyone give me some insight into how this exactly works? And if the filter does affect all paintings, is there a mod to make the filters go away? I have seen mods that completely replace the paintings, but I don't want that since I want to see what the paintings in the game are like.

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Sims without the trait can only paint that way if you choose, but sims with the trait will paint in their particular style more often that not. For that reason, if I want a sim who paints, I prefer they not have any of the traits that will influence the style of their paintings.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited November 2021
    @Garaya13 Here are the ones you should avoid then if you want default version of a painting

Artistic
    - Builds painting skill 25% faster
    - Can paint all 3 Still-life effects at paintlevel 6.
    - Gives water-color effect to the paintings he/she paints.

Can't Stand Art
    -Will paint 'darker' paintings.

Computer Wiz
    - Give their paintings a square-tiled effect.

Evil
    - Paintings have a red tint.

Genius
    - Paintings are made out of hexagons/pentagons.
    - Can paint Still-life - Genius at level 6.

Grumpy
    - Paintings have a blue tint.
    - Can paint Still-life - Somber at level 6.

Insane
    - Paintings contain little details.
    - Can paint Still-life - Insane at level 6.

Neurotic
    - Paintings are in bright neon colors.

Perfectionists
    - Perfectionists spend more time painting, but what they eventually finish is noticeably better than something created by other Sims.
    - Needs 15 minutes longer to paint each stage of a painting.
    - 20% more chance to paint a brilliant painting.
    - 15% more chance to paint a masterpiece painting

Virtuoso
    - Adds a white flair to paintings.

Nine traits your sim should not have *Edit* Perfectionist does not affect look but does take lil longer

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Garaya13Garaya13 Posts: 60 Member
    @IreneSwift @CravenLestat Thank you both for the replies! I'll just make sure my artists won't have any of the traits listed.