Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Revisiting Halloween Costumes

Since we're going back and adding to some of the older content, how about addressing the total lack of Costume choices kids especially have. Master Yoda and the Sausage? Really? That's it? The choices really need to be expanded. And for Adult, where is the Witch costume? It's there when throwing a Spooky Party, but not when a holiday is active. This should really be addressed. Or should I say.. Add-Dressed.. ;)

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    They should also put in the Count Dracula's Iconic Cape, Long Witches Gowns, Wizard Cloaks, Frankenstein's Outfit/Make-up/Bolts & the Mummy Wraps Outfit. Just a thought. ;)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Ideal solution would be to tag all costumes from BG and the packs as such and add a new outfit category: "Costumes". The game then wouldl use this outfit for Spooky Party, Geek Con and Seasons Holidays (probably requires a new custom "wear costume" or does this exist already?).

But I doubt they will add a new category, so MCDresser is my best friend in switching party guests into what they should wear.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Also more toddler costumes please. I use a mod that expands the costume options for the Season's holiday task to include basically everything in the costume section of CAS, but there's nothing really TO ADD for poor toddlers in that regard.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited November 2021
    I very much agree with fixing and expanding the costumes in the Sims. I really believe they should have costumes as a planned outfit category that you can customize slightly with makeup and accessories. I think the issue goes slightly beyond just the costumes.

Here is my take for a Spooky Stuff/Seasons/Paranormal/ROM Refresh

Costumes
    1. Anything that can be rationally considered costume choices should be considered choices
    2. There should waaaaaaay more costume choices for children and toddlers
    3. We should have pet costumes unlockable if you have Dogs & Cats. There are so many charming ideas on the net
    4. We should have some special fingernail/toenail color and patterns if you have Spa Day
    5. We should have a bunch more accessories like tights, headgear like devil horns, Cat Ears, Shoes, capes Go nuts
    6. The Sims should ALWAYS have classic movie monster costumes as a start. Bride of Frankenstein is a must
    7. Holiday themed Pet Collars would be so wonderful in general

Update Ideas - Spooky Day
    • You should be able to send your Sim child off to Trick O' Treat even if it is a rabbit hole thing from 6pm - 9pm
    • While the kids are ToT perhaps some fun chance cards can happen.
    • Children & Toddlers must be accompanied by a parent/Grandparent Sim and it would be fun to send the dog as well in costume. The parent/grandparent Sim should carry a flashlight or a glow stick
    • Eating too much spooky day candy will make a kid get a tummy ache
    • Children should be able to be invited to parties at other Sims house even if its like going to a scout meeting
    • Anything done with the Paranormal stuff Table and Crystal Ball should satisfy the Ghost requirement for Spooky day
    • Where on earth is the Apple Bobbing Tub
    • I would really love to have a buffet service table with Holiday Tablecloths for Love Day, New Years, Snow Flake, Pirate Day and Spooky Day
    • Spooky Looking Entrees for the party and a caterer that will cook them would be awesome
    • I would love that Grim Reaper Prank back from Sims 1
    • I would kill to have cemeteries back and I'd love a "Spend the night in the mausoleum" as a Spooky Day dare dare
    • There are all kids of fun Halloween party games why cant we at least have one. How about "Light as a feather, Stiff as a Board"
    • Spellcasters should be able to have their own party category on Spooky Day and the invitees must all be Spellcasters

Paranormal Stuff/Realm of Magic Crossover Update
    • That Table should be updated and add Reading Tea Leaves at it AND Tarot Card Readings
    • Palm reading can happen at the special table or standing
    • The Paranormal activities should be all apart of the Spellcasters normal repertoire
    • Wouldn't it be fun that if you have ROM and Eco Lifestyle you could make several Magic Candles
    • Spooky Day should always make Spellcaster Sims more powerful
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett