Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Master Controller and LTWs that depend on counting stuff

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
Hi everyone :)

There are some LTWs whose completion depends on counting stuff. For example, i've been trying to complete the kleptomaniac one (nine tenths of the law, i think it's called something like that...?). My sim is always stealing stuff but the added value doesn't shows correctly. It even seems to be decreasing over time...
Is there anything i can do with the master controller mod to fix this?
Or any other mod?
If i can do it in the MC i would prefer though... to avoid putting more mods if it's not needed...
Post edited by texxx78 on

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    If you have the MC Cheats add-on, you can change the current value to whatever you want: click on your sim and select NRaas > MC > Advanced > Lifetime Wish: Change Tally. This won't fix an ongoing error with the tally itself though.

Can you tell what items are no longer being counted? For example, maybe one high-value item is subtracted, and it turns out you or your sim did something with it that would explain the change. (Or it's not counted until you take the item out of inventory and place it.) I've also heard that traveling tends to reset the tally, for whatever reason. It might turn out in the end that it's easiest for you to have your sim complete the wish in one spurt rather than over a long period of time.

Not the point here, but it's always bothered me how the wish itself is called "Possession is Nine Tenths of the Law." The legal term is "possession is nine parts of the law, but pop culture gets it wrong so consistently that it seems like a lost battle at this point.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @puzzlezaddict thank you for your anwer. I will have to download the mc cheats then. As you say, it won't fix the ongoing error but i can add the new amount everytime my sim steals something...

The only thing i can think of, is that maybe the only items that are being counted are the stolen furniture that my sim kept at her home... I suspect that when i sell the stolen items their value is subtracted from the LTW counter... but i'm not sure, cause i haven't been that attentive...
    I know the value should be now around 15,000 (she even stole a 7500 car once) but LTW counter only shows around 500 cause she sold it all and just kept a few small items...

ETA: now that i'm reading my own words... maybe that's why the LTW says "possession"? Maybe she needs to possess the things, not sell them...?
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Yes, that's exactly the issue: the LTW requires your sim to actually possess the stolen goods at the moment.
  • Options
    Oh then i have been doing it all wrong for all my sim's life :disappointed:
  • Options
    We've all been there at some point. I have a whole list of things I only learned or started doing "correctly" after years of playing, and I'm sure the list will keep getting longer as I try out new features. It's part of the fun.

Or maybe you're not doing it wrong at all: your sim has been living comfortably off the proceeds of the thefts for a while now and probably still has plenty of time to worry about the LTW. There's nothing wrong with that, I mean except the part where a bunch of other sims are missing their possessions. But we all have too much stuff anyway.
  • Options
    I'll have to think like that. I'ld love to have her complete her LTW but she also needed to provide for her family :) She started with zero simoleons in an empty land. She's an elder now, but she's built and decorated a very confortable two bedroom house that she'll now leave for her two kids :)