Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ECO Lifestyle: Influence Points are pointless very quickly

Influence is like money or reward points: You are drowning in them very quickly.

Also, Influence Points are pointless after you get your 4th NAP in place, while also then giving you the most of them. Basically after you have voted on 4 NAPs, you never use Influence in the game again. Yet the game accelerate the rate of how many you get the more NAPs you have enacted for obvious reasons.

To me, at least, it just feels (as it does with money and reward points) like the devs are so terrified of giving gamers a challenge that it is almost the same as if they just gave you unlimited points and sent you on your way.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2021
    Exactly.

I don't think there's even a way to loose aspiration or influence points.
    EDIT: I'm actually sure that there currently isn't a way to loose aspiration points as I once tried to program a mod that involved loosing aspiration points when in a bad mood.

This would have been a really good mention for the last Sims 411 feedback thread.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My Sim currently have > 10 000 unspent aspiration points.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited October 2021

I blow mine on a range of different potions and leave them out as drinks when sims visit a household. They do drink 'em autonomously :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Agreed, I wish the Influence Points applied to more areas of the game than just NAP's.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

I blow mine on a range of different potions and leave them out as drinks when sims visit a household. They do drink 'em autonomously :)

This I did not know, thank you. I'll be giving this a try the next time around. :)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited October 2021
    I think they are also used when voting for Community Space changes, so depending on how often you vote for those to change they could come in handy.

If you play rotationally you may use more too if other households repeal NAPs and change them.

I'm waiting for the premade sim/lore overhaul to redo my base save, but when I do I'll be using the Community Space lots in the cheap/poor areas of each world as shared resources and access to high-priced or oversized skill items makes the most sense there.