Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Resetting unlocked career rewards (in CAS)?

I've needed some locked items for some townies I was making, but the sims I pulled from the gallery to get those items came with all career rewards unlocked. Sure it's handy when dressing a sim very specifically to get the full CAS experience. But I'm working on a save file and I'd like to set up all the families with a clean start (so not with all career rewards unlocked).

Does anyone know if and how it is possible to reset career rewards? I mean so everything becomes locked again, like you have never started any career.

I'm really hoping that there is another way to reset them than recreating those families from a brand-new household, and copy/pasting their looks. Most of these families have family trees that are bigger than 8 sims, so it would be quite a hassle to have to remake them all.

While we're on the subject. Does anyone know of a mod or cheat that shows all career rewards in CAS without unlocking all career rewards for the whole household?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The only way I would know of how to clean up a sim, without mods would be to take that sim to CAS, and create a twin. Then make them over the way you would want them to look. You might want to look into the MCCC mod, it can deal with quite a bit of stuff.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'd try using the split household option in manage worlds. It has a tendency to reset collections for both households. So it's not unlikely that it will reset unlocks as well.

I have never tried this though. But I think if you add a random sim (quickly created/taken from the gallery for this purpose) to the original household, then split the family members and their money to a new household, it may only have the unlocks they are wearing. Then delete the original household that only has the random sim in it. Then move the new household back into their home. You may need the freerealestate cheat though.

Major plus is that the sims don't leave the world/save so they should keep their relationships.

Again, I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems like the only way. I remember that they said something about it on the Nifty Knitting livestream, that once unlocked, is permanently unlocked for that household.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    Ah great ideas!
    Splitting them into a new household did the trick! Thanks!