Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there no way to set makeup/hair for all outfits at once in CAS UI?

Maybe I'm just missing something for years, but this has always bugged me and I don't understand why it's designed this way.

The design for makeup and hair seems to go something like:

Hair
- If you adjust the hair from the 1st everyday outfit, it will apply to every outfit. If you change it from any other outfit, it will only apply to that outfit. Also, if you adjusted it in another outfit, it will now stick on that outfit and will remain unchanged if you change the hair from the 1st everyday outfit. If you aren't already feeling confused reading this, you're sharper than I am.

Makeup
- If the stars align and you change the makeup from the 1st outfit without deleting any makeup first and it's a tuesday when it's raining during a solar eclipse, changing the makeup will apply to all outfits. Otherwise, you're going to have to go through and tediously apply it to every single outfit, one at a time.

How this confusion and tedium would be overcome, pretty easily, imo:
- A button that you can click that applies the makeup in the current outfit to every outfit. (perhaps with an "are you sure? [ ] don't show this again" prompt)

- A button that you can click that applies the hair in the current outfit to every outfit. (same as above)

Don't have to mess around with any of the existing behavior and accidentally make it worse or make people relearn a new system. Just give a quick way to override the tedium and confusion if you want stuff to match.
Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would LOVE the ability to save makeup and be able to use it on any outfit category! That's a big pet peeve of mine, especially since not all makeup is in every category. So you have to untick the box for "cold weather" or what ever so that everything appears.

And it's especially frustrating if you have a ton of CC to try and figure out what you used.

Sometimes the "new and improved" things that they did with TS4 are not "improved", this being one of them. In my opinion, what you set for the first outfit should carry over to all other outfits, and then you can tweak what you want to change in the other categories. Like for example, my females always have the same makeup for all categories except for formal, and then I add more dramatic (heavier eye makeup and darker lipstick) for only that category.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    And glasses! I would love to be able to copy over glasses for those Sims who wear them.

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    And clothes! I would love to be able to copy some outfits for different situations or even different sims.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    The only way I know is per category. That’s how I do it. So for example I pick an everyday makeup look and hairdo, apply it to outfit number 1 in the everyday category and then it will remain on outfits 2-5. Then I pick a formal look and repeat. If I want to change the hair on an outfit it’s easy enough and the makeup is done. But, by that same token I can change all or part of the makeup on a specific outfit too. Generally though, I just pick the one makeup look and stick with it for the entire category, and mostly just change the hairstyle here and there. I only give the sims I play most multiple outfits per category. Townies and bit players generally just get the styled look treatment.

ETA: that being said though, a system like I have heard other people mentioning where we can have it move from category to category should be possible because I have noticed that when I open the hot and cold weather tabs to style those outfits my sim is always already wearing their everyday hair and makeup.
  • Options
    SimsplayingpersonSimsplayingperson Posts: 5 New Member
    it's very tiring to put on the makeup and accessories again for each outfit. So can we have an option to duplicate the makeup and accessories for each outfit.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I would really like a toggle box for each CAS category (hair, accessories, makeup) for applying to all outfit categories that can be checked or unchecked. Makeup in particular, glasses and piercings are the ones I need the most. Hair would make sense too, although I tend to give many of my Sims different styles for some of the outfits. But if it's independently optional it would work for me.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2021
    No that doesn't seem to exist...

Apart from a few features like gender settings and skin tones...they have not done a lot with CAS during these 7 years to be honest.

I still can't believe that I have to use a mod if I want more columns in CAS, that should have been a basegame feature long ago.