Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Korean Food

I noticed that there isn't any Korean food with City Living. I'm curious as to why it wasn't included. I'm aware they can still add it in a future pack or the refresh of City Living. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I noticed that there isn't any Korean food with City Living. I'm curious as to why it wasn't included. I'm aware they can still add it in a future pack or the refresh of City Living. Thoughts?

They didn't want to offend the Koreans. They also didn't add any Transylvanian food either. Some goulash and Kurtos kolacs would be nice.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Would it really have offended anyone to include say bulgogi, japchae, and bibimbap in a City Living food stall?
  • Options
    Would it really have offended anyone to include say bulgogi, japchae, and bibimbap in a City Living food stall?

This is my thought. It'd be offensive if they put in something like dog soup. But Korean food is delicious (and easy to find at reasonable prices in Seattle, one of many nice things about the Pacific Northwest!)
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    They chose to focus on other types of food. Korean City was a world that you could vote for in one of Simgurufrost's old surveys so maybe we will see that in the future.

I wouldn't mind getting bibimbap added to the game, I love making that at home.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    There is cc. I have bibimbap in my game.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited September 2021
    there really isn't anything else thats korean in game until now

so maybe that is why its not included.

then again there is tons of other countries they could have made food stalls for but also didn't they just probably added few at random / to suit existing city living assets
    โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
    ๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Ahhh, I wish there was bibimbap in the game! It's sooo delicious. Now I want some!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Now I am curious about bibimbap. The only Korean food shop around here sells noodles and canned litchi juice.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Scallion pancakes too, mmm. And kimchi for the spice festival!
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    I'd love it if we had bibimbap (including vegetarian version), sujeonggwa, and tteokbokki (I think that's how it's spelt in English?).
  • Options
    Am I right that Dennis Kim and Alice Spencer-Kim are the only Korean premades? (I don't have all the packs)

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2021
    Kimchi fried rice for everyone!
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2021
    I added a ton of Korean food mods to my game, so my sims eat Korean food all the time: kimchi fried rice, bibimbap, jajangmyeon, honey toast and even lots of bingsu. If you're willing to use mods, you can get it. My sims even order dokbokki from a stall.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Haha I wondered why all these foods sounded familiar, though I have never eaten them, and then I realised I've read some Korean comics! I'm also hungry now after looking at food pics :tongue:
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    I wish we could get Seoul, ala Mt. Komorebi, and have Korean food. Korean BBQ also, please. I would love more cities.
  • Options
    Am I right that Dennis Kim and Alice Spencer-Kim are the only Korean premades? (I don't have all the packs)

They're the only "could be Chinese, Korean, or Japanese since the game makes East Asians look generic" sims with Korean names, anyway...
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member

What about Venessa Jeong?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone ยท Sona Ali
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    This thread literally made me order Korean food for tonight. I haven't had japchae noodles in a year and a half, so I am excited! :D
  • Options
    @kusurusu Oh, good call. I don't have Get Famous so am not familiar with her other than reading forum posts.
    @ACruelButLovingGod I don't know, Kim is one of the three very common Korean names, and the Japanese names are pretty specifically Japanese. But you're right, everyone is pretty cartoony in the Sims so it can be hard to be clear about ethnicity sometimes.

• Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    edited September 2021
    That's why I have downloaded the kimchi cc and Korean instant noodles cc...I love them so much
    However, I can't find budae-jjigae cc
    I think EA should introduce a K-pop pack with more Korean features...and we can choose spoon as our utensil like chopsticks
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2021
    Arca wrote: ยป
    That's why I have downloaded the kimchi cc and Korean instant noodles cc...I love them so much
    However, I can't find budae-jjigae cc
    I think EA should introduce a K-pop pack with more Korean features...and we can choose spoon as our utensil like chopsticks

@Arca This isn't budae jjigae, but there's doenjang-jjigae if you're interested (it's free).
  • Options
    totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    ikr ! i had to download them as cc mods :(