Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dieing from Hysteria

So I have a Sim who I am trying to kill off by hysteria. I get him into hysterical emotion with happy potion, playful decor, and had him telling jokes on the microphone all day and he still won’t die. I’ve had him play in the bath, Ive kept giving him happy potions to keep him with a 100 buff playful moodlet and still he won’t die! What else can I do?

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I tried so many times in the years to achieve this death and it never worked.

Once I had a sim who married his partner and they were expecting a baby. Literally the day after their wedding the sim died of hysteria. Out of nowhere. I didn't even notice he was hysteric.
    Honestly I don't think it works correctly.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve used this death a lot and sometimes it just takes longer. Your strategy sounds good, I’ve gotten it that way, using the happy potion alongside any playful moodlets. Hold them at Hysterical as long as you can.

I don’t think it works on teens (nor do any of the emotional deaths) in case you’re trying it on a teen.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I only had it once during a wedding for which I actually undid it because I wanted to play that couple. The groom died laughing during the wedding. I know laundry day adds playful moodlets for warm, clean and dry loads. That might help to tilt you. Just avoid going to sleep or switching out of the mood. Take bubble baths, watch comedy and joke too much.

This is a little grim but if so inclined, you could try holding a death party in which the unlucky sim keeps joking with others until they go over the edge and die. Just do everything funny until it is too much. If you play with supernaturals, I could see making that a vampire party. "Oh to mock the silly sims with their trivial earthly matters."
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    As babajayne said, it won't work until they are a young adult or older. I achieve this death most easily with a toddler in the household to interact with.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Feels like I would always get this death often or on the verge of as my sims get in that dangerous hysterical phase. Definitely happens upon them taking bubble baths often and watching the comedy channel as well. along with the buff form laundry day with clean clothes.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    edited August 2021
    I managed to have a sim die of death by laughter (if anyone is interested, the resulting playable ghost is the Roman Centurion downloadable from my gallery ↓), thanks to the wishing well from the romantic garden pack. The well cursed my Sim with an intense hysterical moodlet that lasted for a few hours. It was a chance too good to be wasted, since I had unsuccessfully tried to kill a Sim by laughter for a while, so I immediately added to that family a clown with the fulfilled joke star aspiration that I already had in my gallery. The clown told my hysterical sim a few jokes and that finished him off.

Unfortunately the wishing well curses are pretty random, so I don't know how frequently you'd have to try to trigger this particular one. But it was certainly very effective.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I hadn't experienced any death by emotion. UNTIL, my Celebrity Sim threw his very first Charity Event. Then I had TWO. All I can say is be careful what you wish for … The deaths were of his only sister and her husband, leaving my Rock Star to care for his identical twin Toddler nephews. I tried to play this twist, but things went from back to worse. I ended up having to roll back the save until just after the twins were born. And pick up from there.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is the emotional death I’ve experienced the most. The illness that makes them playful seems to lead to death if untreated and if you continue to make them laugh.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited August 2021
    I've had two deaths caused by Hysteria in the past two months. In both situations, the Sim that died was playing chess when another Sim with the Great Storyteller reward trait autonomously told a funny story. It caused the Sim to become Hysterical and die. It happened fast both times. I saw the Sim become Hysterical, stand up, clutching his chest, and then die. In both cases, the Sim that died was a visitor to the lot. In both cases, the chess tables were outside and there were no aura items around that boosted any mood.

Scenario 1 - The Sim that told the story was not successful when pleading with Grim to spare the life of his friend. He only had Level 2 Charisma which might have affected the outcome. He's now working on his Charisma skill as well as the Cooking and Gourmet cooking skills so he can make Ambrosia. He also became a Spellcaster so he can learn how to resurrect his dead buddy. Both methods are taking a long time though so his friend remains a pretty happy ghost for now. His ghost buddy was added to the household so they're both working on the Grilled Cheese aspiration. The ghost also became a Spellcaster. He's working on his Cooking skills too - just in case. This turned out to be a very interesting game. This incident occurred in a Save File that I had downloaded and was testing.

Scenario 2 - The rascal that told the story was successful in pleading with Grim so his friend was spared. He and his friend both got to meet Grim so they're currently working on the Grilled Cheese aspiration. Both Sims had level 6 Charisma. Both Sims got a big buff after that - one for being successful and the other for being brought back to life.

I have mirrors near chess tables now. I have Sims splice plants to make death flowers. Almost everyone has at least one in their inventory for emergency purposes. I'm not inclined to get anyone the Great Storyteller trait anymore either.

My advice - play chess, chat, tell jokes, and then have someone tell a "great story." I haven't done this to kill a Sim on purpose though. Both of mine were accidents. I think the same thing can happen when you take Sims to a restaurant. Someone always tells a joke or two which can lead to Hysteria. Come to think of it, I did have that happen in a game several years ago. I should blow the dust off that game and see if he can be played as a ghost.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2021
    Honestly, death from laughter is probably the most dangerous one to watch for. If you want to do it deliberately, it's not hard. Get them constantly doing "funny" interactions. When "Hysterical", a warning does pop up. For this reason (partially) is why I have mirrors everywhere to "Try and calm down". heh heh!!

A played Sim or an NPC will do it autonomously if full autonomy is on, AND there is a mirror close by. Still. if a played Sim gets to that point, I cancel everything they are doing and get them to a mirror.

I've never seen a toddler, child, or teen die from it though. Yet I have two "teens", I've been actively playing now and one keeps getting to the "Hysterical" level. I didn't know it has to be "Young Adult" or older so I have been sending him to the mirror every time.

EDIT: I'm thinking perhaps a "happy" potion may override the "playful" instead of contributing to it even when they reach "Hysterical". :grey_question:
    (Or any potion that gives another emotion boost)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
  • Options
    GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    This is the easiest emotional death. Death by anger or embarrassment are rather challenging.