Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Number of packs that will be refreshed

Hello everyone,
The spa day refresh is really great and I wanted to know if it's been confirmed that they'll update every pack? Or was it just Spa Day? I haven't seen anything about it from the gurus.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    We haven't gotten any information on future refreshes.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    No information, but SimGuruFrost who is their community manager did a survey a couple of years ago, where they asked which packs that you would like to see updated and you could pick 3 packs.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2021
    This is what they said in the livestream:

"A refresh is when we take a pack and expand on the core theme. We’ll add new features, we may fix some bugs but we’ll be doing our best to elevate the experience.
    We’re really excited about going back to an older pack and giving it a touch up. I’m excited just because it’s new and it’s a way to bring new life into our older packs."

So they definitely spoke about packs in plural. But that is just speculation, of course :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited September 2021
    If I had to guess, I would expect that over the next six months to a year, it's reasonably likely that we will see updates for Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat, which are some of the oldest packs and the ones that seem to be most mentioned when people talk about what they'd like to see updated. Probably in the gaps between newer content, so maybe, if we're lucky, January and then April or May?

My theory is that then after those two packs, they may wait for a bit and see how the other packs age and how much longevity TS4 is expected to have at that point. If the game continues on for several more years, I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see updates for other packs, but if they move on to TS5 at some point, they are not likely to do many (if any) additional refreshes.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I would love it if outdoor retreat got refreshed, proper caravans (with similar functions as tents), travel cookers, bagpacks
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    If i had to bet money, they will do a refresh to Luxury Party stuff. This has been a pack that every game changer talks about being excruciatingly bad.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    If i had to bet money, they will do a refresh to Luxury Party stuff. This has been a pack that every game changer talks about being excruciatingly bad.
    Be a good one for sure. Maybe add like a party planner semi active career or something.
    But I’d imagine if this goes well with spa day we will easily get more.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited September 2021
    Personally SPs are a waste for a refresh, not saying that some couldn't use them but I'd rather they spend the time expanding a GPs and EPs which are meant to add significant gameplay while SP are just fluff content meant to add minor niche gameplay.

Now for the actual topic. I hope that they plan on doing a refresh for every GP and EP but we have no idea how much longer the sims 4 will continue or how long these refreshes take to make. Maybe they have a priority list of packs that are considered the most in need of a refresh which I'd imagine a lot of the early packs would be first but I'd like to see Island Living and Snow Escape on that list.