Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living in Winter

I am currently 14 days into winter, with seasons set to last 28 days. The next 6 days show rain. I thought I saw a post saying that it would snow in Henford on Bagley. I have seen nothing but rain. Has anyone seen any snow? Maybe I only thought I saw a post about it snowing.

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I had snow there, but also noticed it was quite rainy during winter.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I am currently 14 days into winter, with seasons set to last 28 days. The next 6 days show rain. I thought I saw a post saying that it would snow in Henford on Bagley. I have seen nothing but rain. Has anyone seen any snow? Maybe I only thought I saw a post about it snowing.

The weather is based on England and it does snow there in winter, but I don’t think it’s all the time and I don’t think is sticks around a super long time when it does since they’re an island surrounded by water the air temperatures will be a bit warmer than if they were landlocked.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I've seen snow in HOB, but just a few days and not the whole winter.
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 910 Member
    I've had snow, but yes I've had more rain than anything else.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It does snow, but the winter is rather grey and dreary. I play with long seasons and there was snow till spring.

PBFly4E.png

DuOqlkO.png

s0pRKvN.png

UQVQ984.png

5kWE3Xy.png

qQE6VrW.png

Y7bcTBY.png

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It does snow, but the winter is rather grey and dreary. I play with long seasons and there was snow till spring.

qQE6VrW.png

Great pictures :) But this caught my eye .. :) Maybe we should be glad we can only do window shopping in those stores :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

qQE6VrW.png

Great pictures :) But this caught my eye .. :) Maybe we should be glad we can only do window shopping in those stores :p

I know, I thought they looked funny too. Wish they would provide such decorative displays for the shops, so we could make shops with them.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Thank you all for your replies. I will keep waiting for the snow.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Atleast we can make it snow with the weather machine though granted that's really cheating.
  • Options

Oh.. thank you @catloverplayer. I had completely forgotten about the weather machine.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Thanks for the pictures, I think I will go in and just turn snow and blizzards off for HoB. I hate the way the chicken coop looks with snow!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I played through winter and had no snow in Henford, I thought it was quite realistic though as I m English and I can’t remember the last time I saw snow for longer than a few hours. It usually snows a bit, then melts, then rains again where I live. 😀
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    It snowed in my game. My Sim was unable to fulfill the Errand he took on due to all of the snow. Couldn't find the mushroom to save his life!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

PBFly4E.png

DuOqlkO.png

s0pRKvN.png

UQVQ984.png

5kWE3Xy.png

qQE6VrW.png

Y7bcTBY.png

I have been wondering what Henford on Bagley looked like with snow on the ground. I was hoping that they would show that in the live stream but they didn't. And I haven't been able to play long enough on the PS4 to see that either. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing pic of Henford on Bagley with snow on the ground crocobaura. :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Very pretty Winter Henford pictures simmers. I'm not going into winter until November. I like to play seasons with the season that I'm in in real life or sometimes a bit early. For example, I'm now playing in Fall in some of my Game Saves now. I also have my seasons set at the max of 28 days with some of my sims having the weather machine to set the season back so it stays the same seasons for about 3 or 4 months. :p
  • Options

It finally snowed! Here are some pictures!

My sim, Sanguine, jogging in the woods.
    51427550144_6e6ba54171_c.jpg

Winter Landscape
    51427039798_09d76b8009_c.jpg

Ice Skating
    51426786471_f3988c8c24_c.jpg

Waterfall in Winter
    51426030657_0f3bb79661_c.jpg

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    My season length is set to 14 days. I didn't get any snow the first time around. Maybe next winter I'll get a snowy covered ground.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    edited September 2021
    The weather is based on England and it does snow there in winter, but I don’t think it’s all the time and I don’t think is sticks around a super long time when it does since they’re an island surrounded by water the air temperatures will be a bit warmer than if they were landlocked.
    Oh that explains why it's been raining all summer! LOL! :D

It doesn't snow much in England, but when it does, everything comes to a standstill.