Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has autonomous flirting been changed?

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
I've been playing a sim for an entire sim year now, and not once has a sim flirted with him (and he socializes a lot). I thought maybe it was mods, but I took them out, started a new game, put romantic decor in, and the new sim and two other sims all in flirty moods socialized for two days. Not one flirt happened. But when I finally MADE him flirt with a sim, it was like turning on a switch; they started coming one after the other. It feels like they have to be made to have a romantic history, now. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Upon further digging, I'm gonna go with I think it has. I've poked around before (made about 200 mods) but now I see something I've never seen before called "testSet_RomanceSocialsAutonomous" on low level romance socials (like flirt and compliment appearance) that leads to a test to see if certain things have taken place (like a previous flirt). Pretty sure it disallows autonomous flirting if they haven't happened. Could be wrong (no way to compare it since there's no old game to look at), but during my tests I've had two virile +6 flirty sims in a room together and they will not flirt without any mods in place until I manually make one flirt with the other. Then they're all over each other. Kind of changes the game.

So IF I'm right, basically it looks like sims will not flirt with each other on their own, now, unless they've flirted at least once manually. Or already have a romantic relationship. And there is a sentiment called "Enamored" that I don't think I've ever seen, but I think that gives them the go ahead, too. Totally will change my game if so; I like playing so that things just happen, like romance, and if I have to force it it will really take spontaneity out of the game. So hope I'm wrong, other than the fact that my sims still won't flirt and I don't know why. Unless all the Agnes Crumplebottom flirting in public stuff is mucking things up.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Just to follow up. I've had a house full of adult 6 sims locked in a simple house with items that make them flirty. Hardly anything to do but eat, sleep, play with their phones, pee, and shower. And socialize. One week later I've only seen one flirt; maybe if it's intense enough they can sneak one in. But way less than I used to see, and no romantic relationships. And again, no mods.

A follow up, follow up. I finally made one of my sims in the house do one compliment appearance with each of the other sims. Within 24 hours he had a romantic relationship with every one of them. So it definitely opens the floodgates.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited August 2021
    I looked into previous versions of some of my mods and have found that testSet_RomanceSocialsAutonomous hast at the very least been present since back in November 2019. I'm also fairly sure that I've seen it long before 2019.
    So nothing new there.

Also, this part of the tuning (starting with line 49 of the tuning file) allows Sims to automously flirt as soon as they are in a flirty mood.

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    <T n="mood">14638<!--Mood_Flirty--></T>
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

Btw, the enamored sentiment came with the patch before Snowy Escape. Your Sims do actually get that rather fast. A successful date will do.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    if there in the same household you have to tell them its okay to flirt with at by making them do so once with each other
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims still flirt quite a lot but then I have the personality please mod so that might be why.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I looked into previous versions of some of my mods and have found that testSet_RomanceSocialsAutonomous hast at the very least been present since back in November 2019. I'm also fairly sure that I've seen it long before 2019.
    So nothing new there.

Also, this part of the tuning (starting with line 49 of the tuning file) allows Sims to automously flirt as soon as they are in a flirty mood.

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

Btw, the enamored sentiment came with the patch before Snowy Escape. Your Sims do actually get that rather fast. A successful date will do.

Well, not sure what to say, then. Like I said, for the life of me, my sims will not flirt with each other right now. And what you're saying makes perfect sense; that's what I always saw happen. But new game, old game, with mods, without, in house out of house sims, none of them work right now. There are so many numbers along the trail calculating odds of any one social happening that it seems impossible to check. Maybe my sims aren't the right kind of flirty, but I'm sure that 14638 is the mood they get into when enough buffs push them there. And it didn't look like anything changed in the patch the other day; that seems like maybe when I started this particular game. BUT most likely I've just got something royally messed up in my game that taking out the mods doesn't even fix.
  • Options
    So nothing new there.

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

I do have a question for you though, if you have time. I realize that mood_flirty is a condition that it's testing to see if it's been met, but does that mean for the whole testSet_RomanceSocialsAutonomous you just have to meet any one of the criteria? So for example, if the two sims had a LTR of 10 they might also flirt, even if they weren't flirty? Never knew exactly how the tests worked, but it makes sense they wouldn't have to meet all the criteria, I guess. Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    if there in the same household you have to tell them its okay to flirt with at by making them do so once with each other

That explains why my house of 6 wasn't working; good info to know.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    And all I can say is, oh for crying out loud. Threw all my mods back in, went into the game just now, played a house I usually don't, put a flirty object down, invited a sim in, and BAM! they started flirting. This game drives me absolutely crazy. Maybe no one will flirt with you if you spend a year in Henford cleaning up llama doo doo.
  • Options
    Strangerville_HeroStrangerville_Hero Posts: 18 Member
    I noticed that my sims are asking to autonomously woohoo and that never happened to me before. So I think that it is part of a update for CoL or Base Game.
  • Options
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    So nothing new there.

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

I do have a question for you though, if you have time. I realize that mood_flirty is a condition that it's testing to see if it's been met, but does that mean for the whole testSet_RomanceSocialsAutonomous you just have to meet any one of the criteria? So for example, if the two sims had a LTR of 10 they might also flirt, even if they weren't flirty? Never knew exactly how the tests worked, but it makes sense they wouldn't have to meet all the criteria, I guess. Thanks for any info.

In that case, yes. It is possible to set more than one condition to be fulfilled at the same time (I've actually done that in my conversationstweak_lessrandomflirting), but you'd have to add that new part within the same test bit. For instance:

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    <V t="trait">
    <U n="trait">
    <L n="whitelist_traits">
    <T>26202<!--trait_Player--></T>
    </L>
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

This would mean that the seem needs to be in a flirty mood and at the same have the player reward trait (from finishing the serial romantic aspiration. If they don't match both criteria, nothing will happen (autonomously)

Whereas with the tuning set up like this

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>
    <L>
    <V t="trait">
    <U n="trait">
    <L n="whitelist_traits">
    </L>
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

a Sim will only have to match one of the two criteria in order to autonomously flirt.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I noticed that my sims are asking to autonomously woohoo and that never happened to me before. So I think that it is part of a update for CoL or Base Game.

That's always been a thing.
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    My married sims went to the hospital for one of them to have a baby; this was about two months ago. While they were waiting, the other sim started autonomously flirting with one of the nurses, no direction from me whatsoever. The partner having the baby was not impressed 😏. The flirty sim has the traits cheerful and gregarious but not flirty or romantic.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    So nothing new there.

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

In that case, yes. It is possible to set more than one condition to be fulfilled at the same time (I've actually done that in my conversationstweak_lessrandomflirting), but you'd have to add that new part within the same test bit. For instance:

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    <V t="trait">
    <U n="trait">
    <L n="whitelist_traits">
    </L>
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

This would mean that the seem needs to be in a flirty mood and at the same have the player reward trait (from finishing the serial romantic aspiration. If they don't match both criteria, nothing will happen (autonomously)

Whereas with the tuning set up like this

<L>
    <V t="mood">
    <U n="mood">
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>
    <L>
    <V t="trait">
    <U n="trait">
    <L n="whitelist_traits">
    </L>
    </U>
    </V>
    </L>

a Sim will only have to match one of the two criteria in order to autonomously flirt.

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain that. I see the division there. Those extra two L's change it from an and to an or. It's all pretty simple programming, but you definitely have to know what it means to use it right. Thanks again; should be helpful going forward.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Tell me they at least sorted out in laws flirting with their child’s wife’s in front of their spouses?
  • Options
    You're welcome, @ravynwolvf. I see you got it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Tell me they at least sorted out in laws flirting with their child’s wife’s in front of their spouses?

Hell, no they have not!
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don’t want random autonomous flirting in my game between sims I haven’t manually approved it with.

I think the biggest initiators of random romance were the Flirty and Enchanting introduction and the Free Love NAP. Also flirty wooing roommates. After I modded those to not be autonomous, I think the game works the way I want it to now. Sims will autonomously flirt with each other, but only if they already have a romance bar, which I made them have. Prevents all sorts of weird situations with in-laws flirting with you or the flirty nanny or butler coming on to clients.

The two test sets I’ve tweaked to refine all romantic behaviour in the game are the one you mentioned, RomanceSocialsAutonomous and also the RomanceSocialsAutonomousUnflirty which I think both affect scores.

I haven’t tried removing all my inhibitor mods, but I’d imagine nothing has changed in the game recently that would change the vanilla modless game flirting chances. Maybe you’re just not having much luck with your sims getting into the right social contexts on their own? A lot of additional interactions become available if your sims aren’t just flirty, but also in “suggestive conversation” context (which the flirty introductions induce right away). All my sims tend to do when chatting is make gross jokes, which keeps conversations neutral.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

That's always been a thing.

What? I have never had that happen. What the hecks wrong with my game.
  • Options
    simvasion wrote: »
    I don’t want random autonomous flirting in my game between sims I haven’t manually approved it with.

I think the biggest initiators of random romance were the Flirty and Enchanting introduction and the Free Love NAP. Also flirty wooing roommates. After I modded those to not be autonomous, I think the game works the way I want it to now. Sims will autonomously flirt with each other, but only if they already have a romance bar, which I made them have. Prevents all sorts of weird situations with in-laws flirting with you or the flirty nanny or butler coming on to clients.

The two test sets I’ve tweaked to refine all romantic behaviour in the game are the one you mentioned, RomanceSocialsAutonomous and also the RomanceSocialsAutonomousUnflirty which I think both affect scores.

I haven’t tried removing all my inhibitor mods, but I’d imagine nothing has changed in the game recently that would change the vanilla modless game flirting chances. Maybe you’re just not having much luck with your sims getting into the right social contexts on their own? A lot of additional interactions become available if your sims aren’t just flirty, but also in “suggestive conversation” context (which the flirty introductions induce right away). All my sims tend to do when chatting is make gross jokes, which keeps conversations neutral.

Pretty sure my game was just mucked up somehow. But just to address your comments, the different ways people play are what make mods so important. I can see wanting it the way you do as well. Personally I think it's better to have a lot of autonomous actions going on, because it's easier I think to mod them out than to mod them to make them happen. And as for the additional interactions you mentioned; I modded the flirty introductions right out. They made it TOO easy to me, plus there didn't seem to be any way to stop my male sim who preferred females to use them on males as well. And I find I don't want the additional flirty actions to happen right away often, because they tend to fail if you haven't built up a tiny bit of romantic momentum. In any case, two very flirty sims talking to one another should have been able to flirt on their own in my game the way it's set up, and they simply weren't for some reason.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I had to use a mod to cut down on the autonomous flirting. While it can't account for or catch all of it, the amount has gone down quite drastically and is allowing singles to flirt with singles and, most importantly to me, keeping married and dating couples from flirting outside of the relationship autonomously.

I've only had one married sim use the enchanted introduction since I installed the mod. Otherwise there's been zero autonomous flirting outside relationships with that one exception.

Prior to the mod my sims were getting out of control. I would return to households in rotation with all new romantic partners I wasn't even around for and the amount of cheating sentiments was out of hand.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What? I have never had that happen. What the hecks wrong with my game.

Autonomous woohoo has a 20 hour cooldown, which is reset every time your sim woohoos, so you won't see it happen if you're manually initiating woohoo all the time before the 20 hours is up. And then even after that, they probably have to be in a flirty mood.

First time I saw it was years ago, I sent one of my sims to the gym, and noticed that one of my other sim couples was there. Then I watched them giggle and start walking over to the sauna where they autonomously started woohooing. By default, I think the game only has autonomy rules for it to happen between sims with married/engaged/boyfriend/girlfriend relationship bits, so you won't see just random sims hooking up - they need to have pre-established serious relationships.
  • Options
    Lucy_SimsLucy_Sims Posts: 15 Member
    > @simvasion said:
    > Autonomous woohoo has a 20 hour cooldown, which is reset every time your sim woohoos, so you won't see it happen if you're manually initiating woohoo all the time before the 20 hours is up. And then even after that, they probably have to be in a flirty mood.
    >
    > First time I saw it was years ago, I sent one of my sims to the gym, and noticed that one of my other sim couples was there. Then I watched them giggle and start walking over to the sauna where they autonomously started woohooing. By default, I think the game only has autonomy rules for it to happen between sims with married/engaged/boyfriend/girlfriend relationship bits, so you won't see just random sims hooking up - they need to have pre-established serious relationships.

I didn't know that! Thank you!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sounds like a bug probably due to a patch breaking the code.