Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Washing machine/dryers never work!

They aren't broken, per se, they just don't work. I buy new ones, get one load through washing and drying and then they won't wash any more. They will load from the hamper but no choice on the menu to wash, only unload. They say they are used so why won't the stupid machine wash them? And if I somehow do manage to get them to wash, they won't dry. Same story. Or it takes three cycles to get them dry and then they hang up.

Ugh! So frustrating!

What's your biggest frustration with the game?

Comments

• Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Dealing with phone calls every simlish day.

As annoying as this may sound, if I wash with the washing bin and then hang clothes to dry I have no problems.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Townie fashions.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    To be honest same lol. The laundry thing is driving me crazy.

But also for the sake of a new one…..sims getting a drink every 5 seconds. Whether they make coffee, tea or grab water/juice. It’s starting to annoy me the more it happens.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    They mostly work for me, but occasionally the wash or dry or laundry bugs out, possibly when I travel away from the house while a wash or dry cycle is in progress and hasn’t finished properly.

I read a tip on here that moving the washer/dryer to the house inventory and back again reset it, and I tried that and it worked - after that’s I could complete the wash or dry and the clothes were clean and dry. So that’s what I’ve been doing when the machines get stuck.
  • Options
    RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    I wish when washing laundry the sim would collect clothes from each room and washing bin first (like how they collect all dishes to be cleaned) rather then just one room only.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I get frustrated when I have actions queued up for my Sims, but instead of taking care of the 'business' they just stand there and next thing I know the action(s) have left their queue. What is up with that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,329 Member
    I get frustrated when I have actions queued up for my Sims, but instead of taking care of the 'business' they just stand there and next thing I know the action(s) have left their queue. What is up with that?

This didn't use to happen to me, but now it has been. Possibly something broke in one the last patches we had, maybe?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member

Oh gosh yes that's the worst
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I have noticed this type of glitchiness with the laundry machines as well and would like it to be fixed. Sometimes I've just deleted the laundry in my sim's inventory but wouldn't if it is functional.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    3CatsFull3CatsFull Posts: 29 Member
    I have noticed this type of glitchiness with the laundry machines as well and would like it to be fixed. Sometimes I've just deleted the laundry in my sim's inventory but wouldn't if it is functional.

That's what I do. Unload and drop it on the floor, watch the Sim complain about the mess and then sell it from the inventory.