Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Character values

One of my favorite things about teens and kids is giving them positive character values. Ive only manged to do one negative and that was irresponsible which was a funny value for a sim with the ambitious trait to have. Does anyone else ever try for negative character values? And what were the effects when they became young adults?

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I don't try on purpose, but I definitely have some families that aren't all that into parenting and one father in particular that I'm absolutely sure would be the kind of parent that would teach their kid the alphabet out of order. I've had some kids wind up with negative traits due to negligent parenting or those darn mischief interactions.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I play with aging off, and usually try to have all five positive traits from high values as a credential for aging up. Polite introductions are very helpful. Sometimes I don't get all five but feel it is time to move forward anyway. I have yet to aim for negative traits, but I have sims it might make sense for (I do have one especially dysfunctional family, with a self-indulgent, irresponsible teen), and agree that the negative traits might be entertaining.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes, I had an irresponsible sim once (she was homeless as a teen and not going to school), and she was the only sim I had who got fired.
    I also had a sim with “uncontrolled emotions”, this one I tried to achieve. My sim was kind of “perfect child”, A+ student, genius, very skilled, and all her other character values were positive. But, as many other over-achievers, she had her emotional issues. She was also hot-headed and living in an apartment with noisy neighbors, so that was fun. 😅
    And now I have a sim with “insensitive” trait, and that's really irritating. But he's also Mean, and I have Personality Please mod, so my sim is always autonomously rude to others. He's the worst! 😅
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like doing the negative ones on purpose. I find them much harder to get than positive ones sadly. I think I've done all except uncontrolled emotions. I usually like my sim to have two positive ones and one negative, of course with some variation. Irresponsible is really fun and there's a real change they get fired from work. Insensitive hasn't done much for me... it's some extra interactions but perhaps I don't play my sim enough that way. I haven't noticed any autonomy related to it. I don't remember if it's bad manners or argumentative but there's been some trouble starting relationships which is nice to play for a change.
    Carl's Sims 4 Guide has good info about all the character value traits:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/parenthood/values.php
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    As expected, these responses are inspiring. I might branch out and play with these more, just to see.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Sometimes I wish child and teen Sims got the traits temporarily… I see those traits as being more for kids and teens.

I’ll cheat the traits because I play aging off (except when I want to age a sim)
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the great responses and ideas. Ive just figured out that having a teen "Troll teh forum" lowers empathy maybe Ill make an insensitive sim.