Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I lower these temperature spikes?

BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
I've asked this in EA's support forum but got no answers so I thought I'd try here.

My laptop (specs here: https://business.currys.co.uk/catalogue/computing/laptops/windows-laptop/msi-ge66-valhalla-15-6-gaming-laptop-assassins-creed-valhalla-game-code-intel-core-i7-rtx-2070-1-tb-ssd/N697856W ) has an i7-108-75H processor @ 2.3-5.1GHz.

When simming, nzxr CAM has recorded temperatures averaging 60-70C, with 77C as the highest I've seen.

What I'm worried about are the temperature spikes, which I track with CPUID HWMonitor. It often records spikes of 98-99, but today for the first time one of the cores spiked to 100.

I'm really worried about these spikes, what can I do to lower them?
Gallery ID: babysquare

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited July 2021
    Wow! First of all, I've been looking into getting a GE66 Raider myself. 😂 But I don't like how there's no numpad since I kinda need that for work.

Anyways, my gaming laptop (Not MSI) also tends to get to about 90+°C recorded by HWMonitor. I don't get what you mean by nzxr Cam recording at 60°C? Is that another temp recording program? So you are saying that these two programs are showing different results or?

Now it's summer time, so naturally things will get very hot. Not sure how hot it is in your area but for me, it's also 33°C here. What you can do is buy a good laptop fan/cooler. I have to use that all the time.

I'm also not sure if there's a way you can configure the laptop to recognize The Sims and then set the fan to a certain speed. But you can try that.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Wow! First of all, I've been looking into getting a GE66 Raider myself. 😂 But I don't like how there's no numpad since I kinda need that for work.

Anyways, my gaming laptop (Not MSI) also tends to get to about 90+°C recorded by HWMonitor. I don't get what you mean by nzxr Cam recording at 60°C? Is that another temp recording program? So you are saying that these two programs are showing different results or?

Now it's summer time, so naturally things will get very hot. Not sure how hot it is in your area but for me, it's also 33°C here. What you can do is buy a good laptop fan/cooler. I have to use that all the time.

I'm also not sure if there's a way you can configure the laptop to recognize The Sims and then set the fan to a certain speed. But you can try that.

CAM has an overlay that works in the sims and displays the basic temperature (but not dips and spikes) of the cpu as a whole in real time.

I'm currently looking into capping the maximum processor power (currently 100%) down to 99% or further as that can apparently make a noticeable difference.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    My Acer Predator Helios 300 has gotten as high as 198°F (92°C), despite the fact that it has a fan speed control feature that I always set to max when Simming. It also has a variable overclock button that I would NEVER use, considering the current temps I'm reaching without it.

Btw, I'm anything but a computer expert.
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • Options
    Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited July 2021
    Looks like it's going into the shop before it starts a fire.
    Post edited by Justa_G00f on
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg