Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Teleportation.

I had this feeling the patch would do something wonky and without fail it did. My Sims on the second floor now teleport to the first or if they are in basement they teleport to the first. Just had Sim go from the second floor to outside without using stairs. They can even teleport to a chair. Love these patches.

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Wow! That's weird. How did you do it? Were you directing them to do something or they just teleported on their own?

I just tested 3 different families in my game to see if it happened to me, but they all used the stairs. They were all on the first floor and I clicked on the beds to "relax" and they walked up the stairs, then I clicked on a barstool, dining chair and sofa (all on the lower floor) and they all used to the stairs going down.
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    This is happening in my game too. Sims suddenly appear from upstairs to downstairs without routing down the staircase. (No mods or cc). It mostly happens on speed 3, but it has happened on speed one as well.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2021
    Same here. I actually don't mind this one. There's no time to waste :D
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    That happens in my game even before the latest patch. Sometimes my Sims end up locked up under the staircase.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Sims now teleport on there own. The staircase issue happened a few times until I added a door. Looking forward to CL for a bigger mess.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I know sims walking around without any sort of teleportation was broken a long time ago. And now they've made it worse?
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,329 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I know sims walking around without any sort of teleportation was broken a long time ago. And now they've made it worse?

Apparently yes. :(
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I noticed this happening in James Turner's latest video as well. (Dream Home Decorator Part 23). I have not patched my game so I don't know if I have it too.
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member

For everyone experiencing this please go add a "me too" to This Thread on AHQ (there is mention on that thread about the latest patch making the issue even worse). The more people who post and add "me too" then the more notice this will get (hopefully adding it to the list of fixes needed).