Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grocery Delivery! SPOILERS

Thought we should have a separate thread for the new grocery delivery feature coming in Cottage Living.

The Sims 4 Cottage Living: All About Groceries and New Delivery Options
July 9, 2021 by Jovan Jovic

The Sims 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack finally lets you purchase groceries
(or order them via phone!).

I’ve dived deep into this new feature thanks to the Early Alpha. Please note
that because it’s early version things are subject to change!

Groceries are finally making a comeback to The Sims 4! Whether you’re
mising basic ingridients such as Sugar and Flour or you’re out of Fruits and
Vegetables, you’ll be able to restock your fridge almost instantly with two
new ways of getting Groceries, which I’ll explain below.

This feature is extremely useful if you’re playing with the new Simple Living
Lot Challenge and are missing a few ingridients and food in your fridge and
inventory!

peyXWSU.png

Purchasing Groceries
There are two ways you can get groceries – by purchasing them from a Grocery
Market Stall or by ordering the groceries online.

You can directly Purchase (or Sell) groceries at the Grocery Market Stall found
in Finchwick Neighborhood, right in the city centre.

slnNGZG.png

At the stall you’ll be able to purchase fresh groceries including:

Cooking Books
Fish
Fruit
Ingredients
Vegetables

27tfLi6.png

There are new set of groceries added every day so make sure you check up the
shop regularly! If you have multiple Packs installed that bring in new types of
groceries they also might get listed!

The Grocery Shop also lets you sell any groceries you have in your Sim’s inventory.
Simply click on the stall and select “Sell…” and choose the groceries from your
inventory that you want to sell immediately.

Is your Sim feeling confident enough to ask for a lower price on groceries? They
can Haggle with the Grocery Shop Owner and get a discount!

tCQuiRy.png

Ordering Groceries
There are three ways you can order groceries directly to your home: via phone or
by simply clicking the Fridge and selecting Order a Delivery. You can order the
groceries via phone > Order a Delivery > Grocery Delivery.

iArekSR.png

You’ll get the same Grocery Shop Menu with a similar selection of groceries that
can be delivered to your lot.

After you finish your order a deliverer will come to your home – in a mater of just a
few Sim seconds! They’ll find your entrance doorway and knock on your door until
you choose to Accept the Delivery. The deliverer will then place down the groceries
on the nearest surface in your home.

NKHDk0f.png

You’ll be able to choose whether to put the Grocery Bag in your inventory or Unload
the Bag. Unloading the bag will put ingredients in either the fridge and/or your Sim’s
inventory, depending or not some groceries need the fridge to remain fresh.

iKS8Chx.png

abQczTn.png

Zoomers Food Delivery
You might’ve noticed that there’s another new Food Delivery service called Zoomers
Food Delivery!

The Zoomers Food Delivery allows you to order local specialties and food. The more
packs you have installed the more local specialties you’ll also be able to order!

KfP8bE8.png

Similarly to Grocery Delivery, the Zoomers Food Deliverer will arrive at your doorstep
with the food bag. You’ll have to accept the delivery so that the deliverer can place
down the Food box to the nearest surface. Just like with groceries select Unload Delivery
Bag, drag the food out of your Sim’s inventory and enjoy your meal!

YIt1rla.png

Check SimsCommunity for more informative Cottage Living articles.
https://simscommunity.info/

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am going to love both of these! I am so excited for Thursday. 😍
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Omg I’m so excited
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The two old dudes in the woods are going to be ordering groceries OFTEN, just for the eye candy. I hope I have an option to tip. :D
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    The two old dudes in the woods are going to be ordering groceries OFTEN, just for the eye candy. I hope I have an option to tip. :D

I think I saw that on someone's let's play.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I'm not planning to buy this pack any time soon because I'm not interested in most of the features, but when I eventually buy it on sale this will be nice to have. That lot trait to make it required, if you want it, is a nice touch. I've missed the grocery shopping we had in Sims 2.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm looking forward to buying groceries again. And the new fast food service. But why can't our Sims simply meet the delivery people at the door and take the bags without the delivery Sims going into our homes then plopping the bags down somewhere? We'll end up not being able to lock our doors, and anyone, including the foxes, will be in and out of our Sim homes all the time. I hope when we lock the doors we'll have the option to allow access for Sims delivering stuff the same as we do for butlers and maids.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to buying groceries again. And the new fast food service. But why can't our Sims simply meet the delivery people at the door and take the bags without the delivery Sims going into our homes then plopping the bags down somewhere? We'll end up not being able to lock our doors, and anyone, including the foxes, will be in and out of our Sim homes all the time. I hope when we lock the doors we'll have the option to allow access for Sims delivering stuff the same as we do for butlers and maids.

I think if you put a small table on your porch or in the garden, delivery sims will be able to put grocery bags there. I believe I saw that in someone's video.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It so reminds me of Skip-the-Dishes. :)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @somewhsome I've watched a lot of GC videos and missed that. Probably because I am beyond excited for the new animals. I hope you're right because I hate unexpected/unwanted neighbors wandering through my Sim homes. :D
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

I think if you put a small table on your porch or in the garden, delivery sims will be able to put grocery bags there. I believe I saw that in someone's video.

Thinking outside of the box😉
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

Contactless delivery
  • Options
    ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    I don't know if it worth it since this is the only thing I'm interested in other than the world with this pack . And if I really want grocery , I already have the scco mod ...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmm, I wonder if I can open my own grocery now tho? I was hoping, my farming family would own grocery stores around the worlds, supplied to by their own farms. To which my other Sims can buy and take home. Kind of like restaurants where we can supply them with our own ingredients.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Can't wait!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I totally forgot about this. It looks cool. I’m only disappointed it’s not part of the free patch. When is the patch btw?
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I'm glad they made groceries for the simple lot trait and didn't just push it to everyone. Because I like that they can cook anything at will, and that it is cheaper if they have ingredients.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    @Paigeisin5 I found it, it was in OshinSims's video.
    At 39 minutes (and I don't think the door was even locked, the garden table was the closest surface probably).
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Does anyone know if grocery delivery works all hours or it's limited to the opening hours of the grocery stall?
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    This is so exciting and adorable! I can't wait for the pack!
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    For those not purchasing Cottage Living here is a mod fix while waiting for an official fix.