Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens if all the Cottage Living sims die without children?

Morbid, but hear me out. I just read an article about how interconnected that world is, and from all the let's plays I've seen it's true. But there's something that occurs to me, say you have aging on for all your sims. Heck even if you don't, all the pre-made Cottage Living sims could die. Would new owners of the bar automatically spawn? The grocers, a new mayor, a new creature keeper? And say you decide to try to play as a Crumblebotton is that possible, will she lose her position as a vendor? Or can you own a grocers now?
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Not sure about Crumblebotton but I know that if you play as one of the NPCs a new one will spawn in their place. So I assume the same will happen if they die. You will have a new pub owner, grocer, mayor, etc.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I have age off on all the sims including my premades.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Yes, these are all roles that will respawn with new Sims in them (could even be a different gender in the role next time) if they die. If you choose to play them actively, this will remove the role from them. You can't play the bar owners AS the bar owners, one of the game changers tried that in their video and they lost that role when they became played Sims.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Not sure about Crumblebotton but I know that if you play as one of the NPCs a new one will spawn in their place. So I assume the same will happen if they die. You will have a new pub owner, grocer, mayor, etc.

That is so not fair the pub owners even have a house. That's just teasing you then. That's why, when my sim got a sage pregnant and married her, we just took the kid and never moved the sage in. So she could keep her job. She just visits.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Yes, these are all roles that will respawn with new Sims in them (could even be a different gender in the role next time) if they die. If you choose to play them actively, this will remove the role from them. You can't play the bar owners AS the bar owners, one of the game changers tried that in their video and they lost that role when they became played Sims.

Dang it, you know I was kind of excited thinking pub was like a knew lot and one we could own. Since they own the pub. Like we can own retail, and restaurants.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    The families will just die out and the npc’s will spawn as random npc’s from the game. I do this with most of the pre-made families the packs come with as I care very little for them.
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »

That is so not fair the pub owners even have a house. That's just teasing you then. That's why, when my sim got a sage pregnant and married her, we just took the kid and never moved the sage in. So she could keep her job. She just visits.

Would she be able to keep her role if you moved her in as a roommate NPC, or does she have to be unhoused?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    As Captain Kirk put it so eloquently, "Death is a part of Life." Unless it's my major/main character dying too soon, I don't worry about it. Aging is on for All, unless I've got Sims in Uni, and if I'm playing a traditional rotation. Then it's aging for active household, only.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    All designated NPC sims respawn if they die or are played. The crumplebottoms are the exception. The CotLiv NPCs are like the Hermit in OR and Father Winter in Seasons. When they die a new one spawns.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »

Would she be able to keep her role if you moved her in as a roommate NPC, or does she have to be unhoused?

It's actually very confusing because the game gave her a house in Sulani and she's still the sage, but according to everything I read, actually playing her would screw that up. But the other sages also have houses. And one of them might even be married, unless that's his sister. But I didn't do that.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The houses may remain empty but a NPC will keep bars running.