Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 expansion pack

Hi. Looking to purchase an expansion pack for sims 4. Can we maybe have a vote on your favourites and why.
I already have pets, seasons, eco, get to work. TIA

Comments

• Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @Amber8 I like get Famous as you get the acting career in it and it’s like get to work careers where you can go with your sims to work or not. Snowing escape is nice too as the Japanese as you have lots of activities to do 😊
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    get famous
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I really like Get together because of the clubs, they are an awesome addition for every gameplay :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I love Get Famous, too. But don't forget a brand new EP will be out in a couple of weeks, Cottage Living.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    It will mostly depend on what you want in your game.
    There is Snowy Escape, Discover university, Island Living, Get Famous, City living, and Get Together. Also, Cottage living will be released soon.
    I like Snowy Escape, because it adds a new world, and has a Japanese theme, which I really like.
    Island Living adds a new world, and includes Mermaid. The world is pretty, and the bonus of Mermaids is nice.
    Get Famous also adds a new world, and a pretty nice life style of getting famous. The world is nice, but doesn't really have the a lot of living space for your Sims compared to the other expansion pack worlds.
    City Living includes apartments, and another world. It adds market events for your sims to do, like geek con, flea market, etc.
    Get together adds a new world, and add a system for your Sims to create clubs. The world is pretty, and apparently a thing you can see is the loch ness monster.
    Discover university includes a new world, and two college compasses, as well as some dorm living. The downside of this pack is that it doesn't tell you how your Sims are doing in class, and it is tedious to get them the required classes to pass.
    Don't know what Cottage Living offers, I am waiting for reviews for it before I buy it.
    It is up to you to see what appeals to you most, because one expansion pack one person doesn't like, can end up being a favorite of yours.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Get Together is still the best of my expansion packs because it has the big beautiful Windenburg, historical objects,
    wonderful CAS, cool outdoor parties at the ruins/estate, nice cafe' venue & fun clubs.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @Amber8 We have several of the same packs. The only ones I have that you don't have are Get Together and Discover University. I like both of them and play in both worlds, but Get Together is a special favorite of mine.

As other posters have pointed out, Windenburg is a delightful world. I like its European vibe, with an old town center and more modern areas by the water. The cafes, bars, and clubs are great hangouts. The Sims you encounter there are intriguing too.

I've barely explored the club system, but what I've experienced has been fun. I know there's much more I can do with that part of the game.

Discover University is also a beautiful world, but unless you've got an interest in having your Sims experience some university life, you might not use it as much. DU does add a number of young adult Sims to your Sim-world, who can become friends or romantic interests for your Sims if you're so inclined.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    I would recommend one of these two :
    - get together for the very versatile club system. It is great to get groups of sims together. The world is also one of the prettiest and largest we have in game
    - discover university : I like playing through university every once and a while. It is challenging if you take 4 courses in a semester and also adds 3 work from home careers including teacher.
  • Options
    desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    city living is one of my favourite expansions. the new careers are nice and the world is so nice and has plenty of places to visit and explore. definitely recommend :)
  • Options
    shenandoah_valleshenandoah_valle Posts: 20 Member
    I love city living, just because of all the extra added events and scenarios (in terms of the townies) it brought in
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Discover University
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The only one I can recommend is Get Together and one of the those rare moments EA/Maxis was on track.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2021
    Difficult for me to pick just one, but Imm highlight what I've enjoyed though from some of them~

Get Famous ended up being a surprisingly favorite of mine. Usually don't care for the celebrity aspect in sims games, but this one surprised me. World is small, but everything else is done well. Love CAS and build/buy, been wanting some overly expensive furniture for my rich sims and it's caused their bills to go up higher (This makes me happy too ha). There's something fun about making extra to tacky homes with this furniture. Being able to have your sim famous and they don't just have to be a apart of the actor career. Famous chef, famous writer, etc and you even get special chance cards that come up in thee careers too for GF. Media Production is one of my favorite items along with the mixing station as it offers non-career ways in free lancing to make money and getting famous. One of my favorite celebrity perks is getting fan mail from nice packages to notes (to bad ones as someone sent me a spoiled cupcake pfft). Fans whispering about other celebrities or your celebrity sim and fawning all over them along with invasive papprazzi and stands digging in your trash and using your things outside. Kinda chaotic and I love it for that. The new door with a bouncer attached to it makes it where I can make sectioned off VIP or places for only celebrities to come into.

Get Together
    is still a good pack til now as I use a lot of the club features since usually something is added from almost every pack. CAS is great with a lot of my favorite pieces of clothing. Plus, I like getting my sims out of the house more to go hit up the night clubs where it's always active with sims drinking, dancing and socializing and the like. Definitely an upgrade from bars when you have the new Dancing skill and DJ skill with it. Plus, Widenburgh is still the biggest world to date with the game. The closet I liked adding to various homes if I didn't have a walk in closet for them, plus children can play in them too other than the closet being a woohoo spot for older sims or just a place to cry in.

City Living I loved for the apartments alone (Though I see they're adding them in other packs now). Like sims popping up unannounced at your door to either use your shower, freshen up, have a game night, mooch off of your food you cooked or just come to bother you. Just always enjoyed cities for Sims to be in. Plus about three careers come in this pack as well. Critic, Politician, Social Media. The latter being my favorite in being able to make money from advertising products. Numerous different foods from different cultures and I enjoyed seeing a variety of culture inspired furniture, art and other decor in the pack as well as in CAS. Spray painting murals on the ground or walls (well garage like doors) and Kareoke is probably my favorite things for my sim to do with the singing skill. Come back to karaoke competitions and win again you can win cash money prizes too. :3 I like a few of the festivals, GeekCon and the Spice Festival. Mostly go to them to usually buy fireworks to cause havoc by lighting them in other sims homes. :naughty:

University been waiting forever as I like having my sims work for their degrees before they can get an actual career. I like how you don't have to necessarily be on campus as you can just go to class from your home. Makes it difficult to juggle things with your sim as you definitely have to plan things out better for them. Though it is fun to have that dorm experience while having roommates and I love the roommate system too now for school or just your sim having a roommate in general they can't control. My sims roommates seemed prone to throwing random parties while distracting my sim, drinking from kegs until they pass out or just breaking things. Not an extensive build/buy, but I like some of the pieces. A fave being the chest to keep personal belonging, BUT functions different from other ones as you can keep different items in different ones and name them. CAS hands down has to be my favorite thus far out of any pack.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Get Together is an absolute essential pack, IMO.

I have only just bought Get Famous and University Living a few hours ago so not really seen what is in the Uni pack, but the Get Famous stuff is already appearing for my pre-existing Sims. I think I am going to like that pack - some nice satirical flavour text in it as well.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 2021
    Get Together is great! Windenburg is one of my favourite worlds and has a lot of variety in terms of the neighbourhoods. You get night/dance clubs as a new venue, DJ booths, a few games like a foosball table and darts. You also have the ability to make clubs for any activity or specific group, which I've used for all types of gameplay and helps skill building as well. The only thing I'd say is that the CAS items arent anything special imo, but there is good variety between posh/professional clothing and good clubbing outfits for sims. Overall I think that one is a great pack!

And then if the gameplay doesn't appeal to you the next I'd recommend would be Discover University. This is mostly because I like family gameplay most, and its nice to have the ability to send your sims off to University. There's a bunch of different majors that help you build skills and gain larger wages in jobs. There's also clubs tied to each University and a secret society which I honestly haven't played with a lot yet but is pretty cool. The CAS is really nice and adds a lot of good casual clothes for sims of all ages. You also get the Teacher/Educator, Lawyer and Engineer careers. The only thing I find annoying is the dorms and how messy they get since sims will bring full family meals and leave them on any surface, but other than that I like what it adds to the game!
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Get Together. Windenburg is a great world, lots of space and lovely theming.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    Amber8Amber8 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2022
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Difficult for me to pick just one, but Imm highlight what I've enjoyed though from some of them~

Get Famous ended up being a surprisingly favorite of mine. Usually don't care for the celebrity aspect in sims games, but this one surprised me. World is small, but everything else is done well. Love CAS and build/buy, been wanting some overly expensive furniture for my rich sims and it's caused their bills to go up higher (This makes me happy too ha). There's something fun about making extra to tacky homes with this furniture. Being able to have your sim famous and they don't just have to be a apart of the actor career. Famous chef, famous writer, etc and you even get special chance cards that come up in thee careers too for GF. Media Production is one of my favorite items along with the mixing station as it offers non-career ways in free lancing to make money and getting famous. One of my favorite celebrity perks is getting fan mail from nice packages to notes (to bad ones as someone sent me a spoiled cupcake pfft). Fans whispering about other celebrities or your celebrity sim and fawning all over them along with invasive papprazzi and stands digging in your trash and using your things outside. Kinda chaotic and I love it for that. The new door with a bouncer attached to it makes it where I can make sectioned off VIP or places for only celebrities to come into.

Get Together
    is still a good pack til now as I use a lot of the club features since usually something is added from almost every pack. CAS is great with a lot of my favorite pieces of clothing. Plus, I like getting my sims out of the house more to go hit up the night clubs where it's always active with sims drinking, dancing and socializing and the like. Definitely an upgrade from bars when you have the new Dancing skill and DJ skill with it. Plus, Widenburgh is still the biggest world to date with the game. The closet I liked adding to various homes if I didn't have a walk in closet for them, plus children can play in them too other than the closet being a woohoo spot for older sims or just a place to cry in.

City Living I loved for the apartments alone (Though I see they're adding them in other packs now). Like sims popping up unannounced at your door to either use your shower, freshen up, have a game night, mooch off of your food you cooked or just come to bother you. Just always enjoyed cities for Sims to be in. Plus about three careers come in this pack as well. Critic, Politician, Social Media. The latter being my favorite in being able to make money from advertising products. Numerous different foods from different cultures and I enjoyed seeing a variety of culture inspired furniture, art and other decor in the pack as well as in CAS. Spray painting murals on the ground or walls (well garage like doors) and Kareoke is probably my favorite things for my sim to do with the singing skill. Come back to karaoke competitions and win again you can win cash money prizes too. :3 I like a few of the festivals, GeekCon and the Spice Festival. Mostly go to them to usually buy fireworks to cause havoc by lighting them in other sims homes. :naughty:

University been waiting forever as I like having my sims work for their degrees before they can get an actual career. I like how you don't have to necessarily be on campus as you can just go to class from your home. Makes it difficult to juggle things with your sim as you definitely have to plan things out better for them. Though it is fun to have that dorm experience while having roommates and I love the roommate system too now for school or just your sim having a roommate in general they can't control. My sims roommates seemed prone to throwing random parties while distracting my sim, drinking from kegs until they pass out or just breaking things. Not an extensive build/buy, but I like some of the pieces. A fave being the chest to keep personal belonging, BUT functions different from other ones as you can keep different items in different ones and name them. CAS hands down has to be my favorite thus far out of any pack.

@LadyKyn Thank you for taking the time to write this, This has helped me choose my next expansion.
    Post edited by Amber8 on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Island Living is actually one of my favourites, I think this is an unpopular opinion though.