Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are My Sims Catching Fire From The Toilet?

All 3 of my sims caught fire, dad, mom, and child, after using the toilet. I thought it was a prank, but I watched and made sure it wasn't after the second fire. They are catching fire literally every single time they use the pot. What gives? They do live in an industrial footprint neighborhood, which I learned can cause fires, but I haven't seen this happen to any of my other families in this neighborhood.

4v6kxur.jpg

pdwLy0A.jpg

Comments

• Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    You probably used Instant Upgrade and it made the Composting upgrade active in your toilet...

With this, if you don't remove the composting, your toilet will always catch on fire when it's full, but you can solve it buying another toilet
    And if you want to avoid this, just don't use Instant Upgrade in toilets and don't use this specific upgrade.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Thanks. I had no idea this was a thing. I had just upgraded it.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I used to get that a few months ago, identified it almost right away and had to delete toilets and upgrade them manually.

This composing thing is really a silly thing to have in the game when it is guaranteed to catch fire after a few uses. I also have no idea why the developers thought it would be a good idea to add the composter to the instant upgrade when it should of been left to the base game upgrades and any upgrades from eco should be left open to the player.