Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Storm Chaser and Robotics?

ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
Hey!

Crafting anything in the robotics statio is... sort of difficult as my sim keeps getting eletrecuted no matter what she crafts or her skill level so I was wondering... theres that... secret trait? The one that gives the sim eletrical powers after hes hit by lightning? I think its related to the stormchaser reward but Im now sure.

What you guys thing? Maybe that would help my sim out?

I bet a robotics club would be the deadliest thing in the game.

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sadly, that's not actually a trait but just tied to a moodlet... but it's from getting struck by lightning under specific circumstances and not dying

also, seeing how many of the members of the robotics organization in my game got electrocuted after i had a sim join them... yeah, robotics club would probably be quite dangerous
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Valmont wrote: »
    Hey!

Crafting anything in the robotics statio is... sort of difficult as my sim keeps getting eletrecuted no matter what she crafts or her skill level so I was wondering... theres that... secret trait? The one that gives the sim eletrical powers after hes hit by lightning? I think its related to the stormchaser reward but Im now sure.

How about reading a book on robotics?
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Valmont wrote: »
    Hey!

How about reading a book on robotics?

Im trying to level up in the bot savants organization and tasks include crafting bots, enhancing them etc.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,919 Member
    Handiness skill affects that. Handiness is a separate skill from robotics.

• Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    @Valmont The fastest way to level up in the Bot-Savants organization is to ignore the tasks and just talk to one of the other members using the interactions from the organization. That would be Discuss Favorite Utili-Bots, Discuss Scrap Collection Strategy, and Enthuse About Robotics for the Bot-Savants. It's pretty repetitive but you can usually gain at least one level per meeting that way and probably become Good Friends with the Sim you talk to.

This also applies to the other DU organizations, except each one has its own set of interactions.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @Valmont If you get your Sim's handiness skill up to over 5, it makes it easier on your sim and less electrocutions. If your sim gets high enough too in the robotics skill they can also make an arm that they can wear when doing robotics too that helps them as well.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    After maxing robotics eletrecotions are gone forever! :D Shame my servo was kicked out of the dorm for not being a student :(
    Yeah... talking would probably make things faster, it took a long time to max it.