Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More relationship types coming in the next expansion pack's pre-update?

Not sure if most of you know but Agnes Crumplebottom is coming back in the next ep's world, but she's not alone. For the first time we're going to be seeing a sim named Agatha being introduced in the Crumplebottom clan. The devs have pointed that she's not a sister, but a cousin. But, we can't set sims as cousins in CAS without the rest of the family tree to fulfill the connection. Do y'all think they'll add more types of relationships on CAS? It would be a shame if we never got more of those.

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I hope so! And while they're at it, I read a post a couple days ago stating that Agnes Crumplebottom and Mortimer Goth are related, so I hope they don't ignore that.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    I hope so! And while they're at it, I read a post a couple days ago stating that Agnes Crumplebottom and Mortimer Goth are related, so I hope they don't ignore that.

In TS3 Agnes Crumplebottom was Cornelia Goth’s younger sister, but there’s no guarantee that they’ll take that route since she’s apparently only the TS1 version and not the TS2 one anyway?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I didn't pay much attention to the fact they were said to be cousins. You brought up a very interesting point. :)
  • Options
    EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    @greydonn she's Mortimer's aunt, and Cornelia's sister. I would love if the game recognized them as family, but I'm not sure the devs can do that in the engine while adding a new world, we might have to do that ourselves later (i just hope we have a way to do that without adding all the other family member,s if not I have a recreation of the Sims 3 Goths and I might age up Cornelia and Gunther to add them in my games. hehe

@QueenMercy I believe Sims 1 is the same Agnes from Sunset Valley, but older. The one thats harder to connect is the Sims 2 one. We have her in the Goth family tree dead, but we also have a Ms. Crumplebottom in downtown smacking her purse on nasty sims haha Maybe she's Agnes daughter, or they could even make her be Agatha's daughter. I would love to see the connection, but I think Agnes and Agatha are the only family members coming for now. Maybe in Sims 5 we can have a proper family tree connecting all of them.

@Paigeisin5 yes, more family relations in CAS is something that's been asked for a lot of times and for a long time.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Hope so!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Not sure that this would mean getting more relationships in CAS, though (as much as I want that). You can already create a relationship by using genetics then deleting the older-generation Sims. They might not even have done that but just made them cousins in the Sim household info.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I don't think it'll be a selectable relationship, but they'll probably just have premade family trees.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Guys, am I missing something?? Don't we already have cousins in the game?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The topic made me think more relationships were confirmed until I opened it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited June 2021
    Edit: We already have Cousins in CAS. If you create an elderly sim, then two adults kids of that sim, and give each of those two a child, you'll see that the game automatically branded them cousins. So, you simply need to create the relatives that makes two sims cousins.

I don't expect them to have a common family tree. I think they said "cousin" as in saying they are not very close family (not sisters), but have the same family name. A cousin gets more vague as they don't even need to state whether it is via the father or mother.

I don't think EA should change family relations of sims that we have played since 2014. Many simmers made up their own stories, and I see it as weird if EA wanted to conflict with what simmers already set up. I never played the Goths but I'd be a little upset if they added changes to other pre-made sims that I do or did play.

Anyway, would be cool to learn their family history somehow :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'd hope, but I am not holding my breath.
  • Options
    lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    Oooh, nice catch! I didn't think about that. Wow, I wish they'll expand the current relationship options, they're really lacking right now.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Yes, and in my game they want to kiss so I brought in some fresh blood.

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »

Yes, and in my game they want to kiss so I brought in some fresh blood.

LOL ewwww
  • Options
    TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    I honestly don't think they'll add it with this patch. But honestly if they ever do a Generations EP and won't add additional family relations with a pre-patch I'm gonna... cry in my emo corner a lot I guess.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Yeah, this is Strangerville, not Shelbyville!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Edit: We already have Cousins in CAS. If you create an elderly sim, then two adults kids of that sim, and give each of those two a child, you'll see that the game automatically branded them cousins. So, you simply need to create the relatives that makes two sims cousins.

I don't expect them to have a common family tree. I think they said "cousin" as in saying they are not very close family (not sisters), but have the same family name. A cousin gets more vague as they don't even need to state whether it is via the father or mother.

I don't think EA should change family relations of sims that we have played since 2014. Many simmers made up their own stories, and I see it as weird if EA wanted to conflict with what simmers already set up. I never played the Goths but I'd be a little upset if they added changes to other pre-made sims that I do or did play.

But I'm talking about more relationships without all of that workaround. @Simmerville Anyway, I'm ok with them adding another cousin to the family tree, its not a major change to the lore as we can think we never knew her because she was living far away or whatever. What I don't like is what they made to the premades like Cassandra being way younger than Don, Dina and Nina or Johnny Zest being older than Malcolm when in Sims 3 Malcolm was their first kid/heir. A cousin is just a cousin.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    EnigmaOFFC wrote: »

I think you're not the first to say we can create a bunch of family to have cousins, but I'm talking about more relationships without all of that workaround. @Simmerville Anyway, I'm ok with them adding another cousin to the family tree, its not a major change to the lore as we can think we never knew her because she was living far away or whatever. What I don't like is what they made to the premades like Cassandra being way younger than Don, Dina and Nina or Johnny Zest being older than Malcolm when in Sims 3 Malcolm was their first kid/heir. A cousin is just a cousin.

Ah, okay. I totally want complete family trees and I often make up names and portraits of anyone needed just to get it right, if not in game, at least in my on-the-side notes :) Btw there's several mismatches between TS3 and TS4 because they called it an alternative universe (just to make it easier for themselves perhaps). I like to se the lines through all the sims games, but sometimes I just had to cut it and simply set for one option.

If we can now play the Crumpletons I will need to find a way to make them reproduce... might be tricky as they are both elderly, LOL. Hopefully we can access them in CAS.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    @simmerville I'm not sure about Agnes, since she seems to be a special character with unique interactions (like hitting the purse and all of that, which I was hoping to be a new trait that only she has as a premade but we can use in our own manner), but maybe thats why they added Agatha? Agnes doesn't seem like the type that would have kids after a lot of marriages gone wrong, but Agatha could keep the family line going.