Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs

This whole relying on modders to address bugs thing is getting old; specially for people who've migrated to consoles and can't get them.

One whole EP is broken enough for the past six months, it's just a Stuff Pack at this point, even though you're still selling it full price... (which is another gripe).

Gardening has several bugs that have been unaddressed for years...

I really want to give you my money for some new stuff you've released/announced... but are you ever going to really, truly take bugs seriously? Or just continue to rely on modders sorting them out?

Also related, will EA ever learn the value in actual communication with gamers about the status of those bugs? "We're looking into it." Right... Still looking into the gardening bugs? Who's looking into it for years now with no progress? The night janitors?

Comments

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I never understood the concept of, "why don't you get this mod to fix that?". We need to hold then accountable for the bugs in the game. PERIOD. They've become spoiled from the modders. And this is not to bash modders because they do an amazing job, however, for those who are console players or those who prefer to play vanilla there has to be accountability toward the developers. Its getting ridiculous. Well its been ridiculous, but it seems to have gotten worse. I just want to be able to play through my game, not with perfection because I know thats impossible, with ease. I shouldn't be pushing and pulling with my sims or having broken gameplay or lack thereof. So I get where you're coming from OP.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I never understood the concept of, "why don't you get this mod to fix that?". We need to hold then accountable for the bugs in the game. PERIOD. They've become spoiled from the modders. And this is not to bash modders because they do an amazing job, however, for those who are console players or those who prefer to play vanilla there has to be accountability toward the developers. Its getting ridiculous. Well its been ridiculous, but it seems to have gotten worse. I just want to be able to play through my game, not with perfection because I know thats impossible, with ease. I shouldn't be pushing and pulling with my sims or having broken gameplay or lack thereof. So I get where you're coming from OP.

Yes, even though some are trying to help but sometimes that is annoying to hear that when EA/Maxis is ones that need to have their feet held to the fire. Myself I do not use mods but overtime EA/Maxis dedication to it's customers has waned and it is now more about profits regardless of what state the game is in. You will also hear "EA/Maxis have an budget and they can't fix everything" which I say hogwash for if you can't fix what you put out, then you need to get out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    When you abandon good old fashion customer service in favor of Wall Street things like incomplete items will be sold. Since Sims 3 there has never been Testing and this will continue on Sims 5. Since they don't make $$ off fixes there is no rush.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    I wish someone like Hello Games would jump into simming...

The two companies handle bugs so different, it's like comparing apples to oranges instead of comparing two software companies.