Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since when has this been there?

Hey guys,

So I'm probably the only person who hadn't seen this before but there is this plane with a dinosaur sign flying above Glimmerbrooke. Since when has that been there? Was it a teaser for some pack that came afterwards?

SBvakqd.png

9MA9DGG.png
Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I heard about it some time ago. Was it a teaser for University?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Yes, it was a teaser for University back in 2019.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It's a scientific fact that there is nothing that cannot be improved by the use of a dinosaur mascot.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2021
    The simlish says nothing.

PQRSD
    ABCDFGHIJKLM

Ha. Sims 4 has 4 simlish dialects.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    The simlish says nothing.

PQRSD
    ABCDFGHIJKLM

Ha. Sims 4 has 4 simlish dialects.

Well, since it's apparently a teaser for University and universities are for learning. I guess the last part would sort of make sense? As for the PQRSD... yeah, maybe that's the indicator that someone needs to learn their alphabet?
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I would've never made the connection but yes that makes sense lol.
  • Options
    Yeah, that was a bit of a stretch but I'm good at stretching things. lol
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2021
    well around the time it was thought to be university hint

(dont know how but im guessing just the flying banners with mascots thing eh idk)

but also like can i pretend its jurassic park hint id actually really vibe with some dinos and dragons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Oh no! Dinos stepping on my houses??? Dragons burning my sims to ash??? Please, keep all pets on a leash!
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Cute. I've never noticed that either.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    That banner is massive compared to the tiny plane. I am amazed it can fly. :lol:
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Routine back in the 1950s-60s. It's actually small compared to some I've seen.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I don't have that game pack, so I don't have that world.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Oh no! Dinos stepping on my houses??? Dragons burning my sims to ash??? Please, keep all pets on a leash!

good ending to home decorator story ;)
    stomp em all
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    That’s so random. I don’t see the connection at all :D

A cute Easter egg though!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Why was it considered a university hint? 🤔
    I thought the Uni mascots are a dragon and a lobster? What does a dinosaur have to do with a dragon and a lobster?

I’m not getting it.

Of course technically a dragon is much like a flying dinosaur.
    A dinosaur + (flying) plane = dragon.

When I imagine a T-Rex as a dragon it makes me feel a bit ...odd.
    It’d have tiny wings wouldn’t it? It couldn’t fly by itself.
    Of course that’s why it would need a plane to fly...
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I thought the Uni mascots are a dragon and a lobster? What does a dinosaur have to do with a dragon and a lobster?

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 This is the reason why I posted this. I thought it could be a hint for a pack but I don't understand how it ties into University. Maybe the mascots were supposed to have a dinosaur but later changed. Still I don't get why the teaser is on a plane in the sky. What does flying have to do with uni?
    I'm just so confused :lol:
  • Options
    Overthinking much? Look, it's simple... It's a plane flying a banner with an obscure listing of letters. Simple. Nothing to see here, just move on.

Or it could be the scientific (university major in biology and genetics) gene splicing of a dinosaur with an airplane to create the dragon which points back to the university that made this union exist in the first place.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 This is the reason why I posted this. I thought it could be a hint for a pack but I don't understand how it ties into University. Maybe the mascots were supposed to have a dinosaur but later changed. Still I don't get why the teaser is on a plane in the sky. What does flying have to do with uni?

even more its weird cause there is actually old pre university discussion on
    this
    where people relate it to being oasis springs mascot

but oasis springs dino looks more like one of the herbivore dino species and nothing like T-Rex

pbox_no-props_so-0_original.jpg
  • Options
    Or it could be the scientific gene splicing of a dinosaur with an airplane to create the dragon which points back to the university that made this union exist in the first place.

@PenguinFoop Hahah and you say I'm overthinking :lol:
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

even more its weird cause there is actually old pre university discussion on

where people relate it to being oasis springs mascot

but oasis springs dino looks more like one of the herbivore dino species and nothing like T-Rex

@Simmingal Yeah I also immidiately thought of Oasis springs when I saw the plane but you're right it isn't similar at all.