March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Checking Outdated Mods

I have no experience of creating mods in the Sims 4 and use very little CC in my game. Is there a technical way to check whether the CC is outdated rather than trial and error?

Comments

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    No, there isn't.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Thanks, just as well I don't use much then.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Well, technically there's the Nexus. Vortex mod manager will do it and notify you when mods are updated...

However it will only do that for mods that are HOSTED on Nexus. And not many Sims 4 mods are hosted there. Nexus and Vortex are extremely widely used for Skyrim, Fallout, Witcher, Subnautica, and a hundred other games... it just never caught on with the Sims community.
    Yeah, I use nexus for my other games, but not for Sims 4 for the reason you mentioned.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,880 Member
    You can use Better Exceptions by TwistedMexi. On patch day, it will run through your mods and give you a list of what is not compatible and even tell you why. It will list the exact package file for you so you can remove it or look for an update for it.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    You can use Better Exceptions by TwistedMexi. On patch day, it will run through your mods and give you a list of what is not compatible and even tell you why. It will list the exact package file for you so you can remove it or look for an update for it.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. :)