Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The new Black hair is all over the place with dreads / curls, often ends up as a light grey

JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
All of these are the new black icon, first icon the left.

3C5V0BS.png

Results are extremely varied and some of them are even a light grey.

To my eyes, in a perfect world, they would all be like the second image from the left on top - the very dark curls in a bun, the one shown in the 'selection icon'.

nVidia 2080 RTX if that is relevant.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

Comments

• Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Same for me and a lot of people unfortunately.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Yeah, there's a few that unfortunately seem like they're a bit too much on the gray side. The braids and the locs definitely stand out a lot ( a few more too). Hope they make them a closer shade to the other ones that aren't like that.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    Same here, I recall them mentioning in the blog that they always start with grey hair and then add the colors. Looks like they did not add enough black on these hairstyles. Maybe they were hesitant because black removes the hair details...

The end result is a bit disappointing on some hairstyles.
  • Options
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I don't think it's just on dreads/curls/locs - I'm finding it on a lot of hairstyles in general. For example, the difference between the original Black swatch and the new Neutral Black swatch on this base game hair for men:

suIS6Dx.jpg

It's like they turned down the contrast way too much. The swatch on the right is so washed out and grey.
  • Options
    Yeah in the bug report people are posting images of it across a wide range of hairstyles.

Yesterday when I first saw it, it was just dreads and curls that I had tried and I didn't want to overstate the case if I was wrong. But this one looks to be very widespread.

Some hairs with the new color are genuinely dark black, while the old 'black' is actually a dark black with blue highlights.

But most of them appear to have ended up as some random shade of gray. Some like the one just above being so light of a gray they look like one of the grays from the other side of the color choices...