Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Knitting still broken.

Another patch has come and yet Sims will not on there own. No second party downloads, repaired the game even did a fresh install but no knitting.

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I have the bug as well here's the bug report please hit the me to button
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/KNSP-Sims-no-longer-autonomously-knit/m-p/10236184/highlight/true#M179171
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Thanks for the link. I hit the button. Now we sit and wait.
  • Options
    you guys could you please hit me to on knitting thanks
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
    I think the less autonomous knitting/cooking/vacuuming the better ...
  • Options
    edited June 2021

but its still suppose to work its broken broken isn't good @alanmichael1
    and as I told you in the bug thread where you said the same thing I don't care that they tuned it down
    I just don't like that it is not working at all
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    the reason I thought I would ask people on here to go hit me to is this vedoe by iron seagull where he said he thought it would be bad if we got sewing when knitting is still broken he's right it would be a shame
    https://youtu.be/UWSSHMzB3L8
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member

and as I told you in the bug thread where you said the same thing I don't care that they tuned it down

The point with the autonomous knitting was that Sims always started a new project which costs money. And in my eyes that was clearly a design flaw that has been rightfully nerfed. My Sims can do what they like but I am the only chief of the Simoleons (same problem with autonomous cooking or buying things from the vending machine). If they bring autonomous knitting back, please restrict it to continuing existing projects.
  • Options

The point with the autonomous knitting was that Sims always started a new project which costs money. And in my eyes that was clearly a design flaw that has been rightfully nerfed. My Sims can do what they like but I am the only chief of the Simoleons (same problem with autonomous cooking or buying things from the vending machine). If they bring autonomous knitting back, please restrict it to continuing existing projects.

its okay if you don't like the point is that its broken and I and a lot of other people do like it if you don't turn off your sims free will
    and they wont do that also there still spending the money so your not getting what you want ether
    @alanmichael1
  • Options
    or @alanmichael1 you could just not put a knitting bag in your sims inventory until you want them to knit .
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    deleted
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    sims will spend money to start a knitting project but wont knit also instead of just hitting me to please also comment
    on the bug forum that you want to see it fixed this will help more people see it so they can hit me to
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    > @Bluebeard45 said:
    > Another patch has come and yet Sims will not on there own. No second party downloads, repaired the game even did a fresh install but no knitting.

I have been working on knitting and this has been my experience so far. Some of this you likely know, but I'll give it you anyway just in case you don't. You start by purchasing a basket of yarn in the the build/buy mode. Put it in the live mode inventory. When you decide you want to knit and click on a couch or chair, the game will automatically ask you if you want to knit as long as that basket of yard is in your inventory. If you decide you want to continue knitting at that time, you have to click on the basket of yarn to get the option to knit another item.

When it came to "gifting" your projects, I tried probably 6 times with no luck and finally the game started giving me credit. When attempting to put them in my wardrobe, again I had to try several times and finally something actually showed up in my inventory and I was able to put it on. The action to "show off" your sweater will be in the main menu of actions and not under "friendly" and that actually worked. If you make the sweater with the dress, be sure to look under whole body outfits in your wardrobe.

The 2nd from last step is to knit 5 legendary items. Be prepared to do a lot of knitting. I've gotten 3 so far and have knitted many sweaters. There is an option to donate the things you knit that you aren't going to put in your wardrobe. I'm not donating my legendary items until all 5 are completed.

And I think the last step is to teach someone to knit. I've only asked one person so far and they turned me down so not sure how that will go. I certainly hope that is the last step because this has been the most glitchy expansion I have worked on since I started playing the game. I was on a different website and 15 people ticked up they were having the same problem so I don't think it's anything I've done as I do not have any mods.

The items in my inventory that should be available to knit at level 9 or 10 still have a lock on them. I'm not concerned about that as long as I get credit for the aspiration.

I don't know if this was helpful, but I just kept trying and eventually things worked after several failed attempts.
  • Options
    there is a mod now to fix the bug click on the link to the bug forum there you will find a link to the mod @SandyLee149
    hopfuly the bug will be fixed soon
  • Options
    SandyLee149SandyLee149 Posts: 65 Member
    there is a mod now to fix the bug click on the link to the bug forum there you will find a link to the mod @SandyLee149
    hopfuly the bug will be fixed soon

Thank you! I probably should have waited for the fix before wasting my time.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Thanks for idea of a Mod but I run this straight. Never had a issue till a patch came along and boom. I can direct my Sims to knit but I'm not a control junkie. Wait and see if CL fixes the issue seeing there are new crafts.