Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Owning a house in university world

I have purchased a house in University world. The reason for this is I wanted to choose my roommates and having the possibility to move in people from this world. It worked the first time I went back to university but since then it does not work. Everytime I go back to university, I can only rent my house. The only thing I can do to get it back is go to a dorm, get on the computer and re purchase my house again. I then move to my house. When I get there, nothing is changed from the last time I was there. Dirty dishes and old newspapers from the last time I was there are still lying around and my previous roommates are also there. But the roommates from the dorm also follow me to the new house and replace my old roommates. I am also unable to ask anyone to move in after reaching the pre required frienship status and conversation.

Do any of you own a house in university world and how does this work for you ?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    No, what I do is remove the refrigerator from the house I wish my sims to rent the next time...this has to have been done on a prior visit. And of course put it back after arrival. In theory, inactive sims (even Uni students) will not move into a house that has no fridge on their own. That way my active household doesn't get tied up in real estate investments in Uni World where things are more fluid and changing than other worlds, but the house in question should still be up for grabs each time my sims land on the arrival screen from the travel transition.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    Thanks for your answer @igazor . I did not know about the refrigerator trick. Yes, Uniworld is a lot more fluid and changing than my homeworld. I’m on generation 8 (using normal lifespan) and many sims in uniworld have family trees linking back to the original sims. Apart from a short period (around generation 2-3) when most sims there were elders, the population is pretty varied in age. In my homeworld, I rely on the insemination function of master control to keep my population fluid, continue the family tree of original sims and get non pudding faced sims in the process.

What about others ? Do any of you own a house there ? How do you play in uniworld ?
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    I use the method that igazor mentioned. It makes sure "your" house (technically not yours, but it's reserved for you) is available. I don't think you can own a residential house there. Think of this town as completely owned by the university, and they only rent houses out for fixed terms. They won't sell.