Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accidental Installation

SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
Is there truly no way, other than uninstalling my entire game, to uninstall DLC?

In my haste to purchase Courtyard Oasis Kit, I carelessly failed to notice Origin had added "you might also want" and ended up with Bust the Dust as well.

DO NOT WANT.

I hate making extra housework for my Sims. I don't care about a refund - it's $5, I don't begrudge the expense - but I do NOT want vacuuming in my game.

The kit installed automatically, without me telling it to, when I did, intentionally, install Courtyard Oasis (which I do want, very much).

How on earth do I get rid of it? PLEASE don't tack things on like that, or automatically install all. It's a terrible imposition.

Comments

• Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    Open Origin and head to My Game Library
    Right click on The Sims 4 and select Game Properties
    Select Advanced launch options
    Enter the text in the box below in Command line arguments

-disablepacks:SP22

Got it from James Turner's pack disabling page
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Oh, thank you!

Precisely what I needed. Like I say, I don't begrudge the money (the purchase was my mistake by clicking too soon, though I still say adding stuff to a purchase that I have to REMOVE is NOT a good practice).

But I very specifically did not want to have to dust in my game. This is exactly what I needed.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If you didn't want the trouble of uninstalling a pack or wanted to use the vacuums as decor, you could also just have disabled dust effects in the game options. Even when you purchase it, it was designed to not be mandatory.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've read that uninstalling packs can be hazardous. Has anyone upgraded their gaming laptop due to low memory?
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I've read that uninstalling packs can be hazardous. Has anyone upgraded their gaming laptop due to low memory?

Yes and no. I upgraded in January and got a lot more storage, but I never uninstalled packs.
  • Options
    ruppertkruppertk Posts: 1 New Member
    I just clicked on the new oasis courtyard for 4.99 and at the end I realized it gave me a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bundle including that little oasis kit- totaling 70 something dollars WTH. I am so upset I do not have any desire to play the oasis courtyard. I am sitting here stunned, so upset i cant see straight.
  • Options
    That I would take up with EA Customer Service. A $5 pack I can absorb, and so long as I can disable the other kit, I am fine.

But the way marketing has rigged suggested content is intrusive bordering on deceptive, and EA really ought to reconsider.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    ruppertk wrote: »
    I just clicked on the new oasis courtyard for 4.99 and at the end I realized it gave me a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ bundle including that little oasis kit- totaling 70 something dollars WTH. I am so upset I do not have any desire to play the oasis courtyard. I am sitting here stunned, so upset i cant see straight.

You have to be very observant with origin, it can do things you're not expecting. I have worries everytime I open origin as to what it can do with game installs on a different game launcher.

Like I'm afraid to open origin after playing the sims 3 in my steam version because it can break the sims 3 with 2 installs from different launchers on my computer. I own 2 versions, the steam and the origin version.

Same with DragonAgeUE sinse it decided to update my dragonage origins Ultimate Edition (that version wasn't even installed in my new computer) after playing the steam version in steam by downloading my origin dragonage UE updates to steam's edition. It broke my steam edition and steam had to redownload it's patch and update it's version again.