Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Navigation to the webpage was canceled."

hello. my launcher says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled." when it is pulled up at the launcher screen. it will not let me log in from launcher or see my purchases from the store to put them on the game. what do i do?

Comments

• Options
    AnnamarieClaireAnnamarieClaire Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2010
    bump
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    bump
  • Options
    GothmogIIGothmogII Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    From experience, self-bumps are generally frowned upon on many forums AnnamarieClaire, but in any event I'm having the same problem. xD

It's weird. I was wondering if it might be certain programs blocking it, since, it probably counts a website in itself, however, I've already allowed access to the program and entire Sims 3 root folder on my firewall.

Are there any specific ports that also need to be open?

Additionally, while I can purchase items from the online store fine, and they attach to my account, whenever I click download, it loads up the launcher and then prompts me to log-in. Now, I'm pretty sure I -haven't- forgotten my password, but every time I enter it, all I get is an error stating that I'm not logged in.

Finally, it's only the welcome tab I get this on, all the other tabs work fine, and I can download and install 3rd party Sims 3 content.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    that's what mine is doing too! exactly what its doing. i just don't know what to do bc i spent money at the store and i cant get my items to my game! it's very frustrating bc no one seems to answer me and i'm constantly being chewed out for self bumping, but if they spent money in the store and couldn't get the items, i think they would self bump too.
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited July 2010
    Bumping is against the forum rules.

Hi there.

Here's how to clear the browser cache:

Internet Explorer 8

1. From the Safety menu, click Delete Browsing History... .

2. Check Temporary Internet files and History, and then click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .

2. Choose the General tab.

3. Under Browsing history, click Delete... .

4. Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files... .

5. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox 3 for Windows

From the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data, and then check Cache. Click Clear Private Data Now.
    Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache... .

2. When prompted, click Empty to confirm that you want to empty the cache.

Firefox 3 for Mac OS X

1. In Firefox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.

2. Make sure Cache is checked, and then click Clear Private Data Now.

For your Temp folder, navigate to your hard drive, then the Windows folder. You should have a Temp folder inside the Windows folder; double-click on it, then hit Ctrl-A to select all, then Delete.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    MalolamMalolam Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I've been having the same problems. Please let me know if someone can find a way to fix it.
  • Options
    MalolamMalolam Posts: 2 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Bumping is against the forum rules.

Hi there.

Here's how to clear the browser cache:

Internet Explorer 8

1. From the Safety menu, click Delete Browsing History... .

2. Check Temporary Internet files and History, and then click Delete.

Internet Explorer 7

1. From the Tools menu, select Internet Options... .

2. Choose the General tab.

3. Under Browsing history, click Delete... .

4. Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click Delete files... .

5. Click Close, and then click OK to exit.

Firefox 3 for Windows

From the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data, and then check Cache. Click Clear Private Data Now.
    Safari

1. From the Safari menu, select Empty Cache... .

2. When prompted, click Empty to confirm that you want to empty the cache.

Firefox 3 for Mac OS X

1. In Firefox, from the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.

2. Make sure Cache is checked, and then click Clear Private Data Now.

For your Temp folder, navigate to your hard drive, then the Windows folder. You should have a Temp folder inside the Windows folder; double-click on it, then hit Ctrl-A to select all, then Delete.

-Big Guy-
    I did what you said to SimGuru, but nothing has been fixed at all. Still can't "navigate" to the page on the launcher, and I still get a constant prompt to login when I try to download something, even though I know I've entered my username and correct password.
  • Options
    LadyIvoryLadyIvory Posts: 76 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Ya I'm having this same problem, I have a bell wireless modem, and all the ep/stuff packs besides fast lane, and it worked fine and then, POOF gone. I know for a fact the my internet connectivety is perfect, and that the website (sims3.com) is not down, so really I dont understand why my launcher (and possibly yours) would say "navigation to the webpage was canceled". I also get the error message "Error, unable to connect to the EA download manager", do you get that? I think what I'm gonna do is un-install and re-install the EA download manager just for the heck of it... although now that I've done THAT and what BigGuy told me to do, nothing has changed so, like ya.
    Think we can solve this?
    Thanks
    LadyIvory.
  • Options
    AmaterasuSenpaiAmaterasuSenpai Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problem! Its incredibly infuriating. Someone please help fix this :evil:
  • Options
    BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    Here it is, 9 years later, and I'm having the exact same problem. I'm in Chrome on a PC. I've cleared my cache, emptied my Temp folder, double-checked my antivirus & added it to my exceptions, and tried a number of other strategies. Nothing has worked.

Sims 3 has worked great for me for some time now. There's no indication as to why it suddenly decided to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 up today.

1. I open the program. "Navigation to the webpage was canceled."
    2. I go on into the program. It loads to the login screen, but I'm not logged in.
    3. I login and it tells me my username or password are incorrect. I've already reset these in an attempt to overcome this additional problem. No joy.

Sims 3 support: Please provide some other strategies for fixing this. This is frustrating.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Baronwyn - The correct caches (favorites) and cookies to delete are that of Internet Explorer, even if you never use it. IE is always in there someplace on every Windows install, the current (if you can call it that) version being IE 11. The game and the Launcher still use IE's resources.

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=15141 for a visual. It's important to make sure the Preserve Favorites option is unchecked, as illustrated.

If still no joy, then try changing your TS3 password and do not use any special characters, just alphanumerics (letters and numbers) to see if that helps.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net