Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It's a reach

Crop in this case is photo cropping, rather than crops of food.

But simmers gonna run with it...
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    It's a reach

Crop in this case is photo cropping, rather than crops of food.

But simmers gonna run with it...
    Ofc this is the speculation thread and they did reply to someone who mentioned farming as well. They would have just ignored it
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    That is because Titter removed their image cropping restrictions.

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Farming would be the next four game packs. One for horses. One for interactive animals. One for crops and harvesting and one for something else that could be rolled in with another pack but won't be.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I'm hoping it could be a farming hint too!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It will probably be something outrageous, like Batuu 2.0.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It will probably be something outrageous, like Batuu 2.0.

I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised if it's something no one expected.

Unfortunately, I don't think a Farm pack is coming anytime soon. I could maybe see it as the Expansion pack for late 2021.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I think a farming pack will be coming - I just don’t think it is any time soon especially as the devs were only recently aware it was something the community wanted as much as it did. There was a dev in a stream probably a year ago now with a dec who was genuinely shocked the community wanted a farming pack so badly. They way he asked questions about it - it really came across that they hadn’t even been talking about it/wasn’t a big consideration in my opinion.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    I think a farming pack will be coming - I just don’t think it is any time soon especially as the devs were only recently aware it was something the community wanted as much as it did. There was a dev in a stream probably a year ago now with a dec who was genuinely shocked the community wanted a farming pack so badly. They way he asked questions about it - it really came across that they hadn’t even been talking about it/wasn’t a big consideration in my opinion.
    I hope farming ( with animals ) is an expansion pack and horses a game pack.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I don't feel like it's all that recently EA became aware of the desire for a farming pack. It was on a survey towards the beginning of last year, or maybe it was the end of 2019, I can't rightly recall. Farming become more and more talked about after we got Seasons, it seemed like only University was talked about more, though that could be my perceptual bias for going into threads about farming more because I'm interested in it. But it's definitely not some new kind of concept.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    A Farming EP has been a popular want from the community since at least Sims 2, almost 20 years ago. I'm sure it's only taken so long because a) Making all the animals, fleshing out a crop system and making a sizeable world takes a lot of work, and b) they hear us, they're just more interested in their own vision.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017