Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bats in my Sims homes

Okay, when did we get the bats flying through our active lots every night? Did this come about with SE because I don't own the Vampires or Paranormal packs which to me seems as if that is where the bats belong. The first time it happened I actually flinched because it was so unexpected. Plus those little pests are actually inside the houses! They aren't outside where they belong; they fly through the walls while coming and going. In my new save, I have two Sims living in one of the apartment buildings and they. of course, live on the second floor. I'm wondering if the bats were meant to fly at that height and the second floor of the apartment buildings are actually in the bats' flight path. Anyone else having this issue? And is it happening in San Myshuno as well?

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I haven't noticed any bats, do you have a screenshot? I'd love to see.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Not yet. I always have trouble with taking a screenshot because it happens so quickly. The quirky part is the fact it happens at all. :/
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've noticed in some two story lots this happens but it's birds that fly through the lot. It's been in the game for a long time, maybe since the beginning. The only lot that I can think of off hand that it happens in is the (starting empty) lot that is next to the Pancake home in Willow Creek. I have seen it on other lots though just can't think of where they are offhand. I haven't seen bats yet though unless vampires are around... what lot is it happening in?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Stone Ridge apartments in Port Promise. I've had birds, bees and the occasional butterfly flit through houses but never bats. But SE has a cave where bats emerge when the sun sets so I'm beginning to think that is the cause as this never happened before I bought SE. Thanks for the reply @Hermitgirl.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    It might have something to do with Eco Lifestyle. I don't know if it's bats or birds, but I've noticed something flying past several times while playing Rockridge Springs, the starter house in Grim's Quarry (Eco Lifestyle). It surprised me because I don't have Patchy the Scarecrow in that particular save. Not sure if it was inside the house though.
  • Options
    Well, more mystery about the bats and birds when I played my new save last night. I moved one of the occupants in the apartment building to Sulani, and not once in the time I played her did anything with wings fly through her home. @Sketch793 I have Eco Living and I never had bats anywhere. But I added Snowy Escape recently and that's when the bats began to fly through the apartment buildings. Shrug. I don't own any of the occult packs either. Haven't played with Patchy so I can't say he has a part in this, but doesn't he have a couple of crows that hang out with him? I've never seen crows fly past any of my lots but once in a while I hear them cawing in the background.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Do you have Jungle Adventure?

If you do, it's possible that original lot you were on has the Creepy Crawlies Lot Trait.

It seems that some creepy pests have taken up residence here. Be prepared; when they hit you'll never see them coming!

Spiders, bees, and bats may randomly descend on Sims on the lot.
  • Options
    The lot is in Port Promise, one I played before I took a break from playing, and before I bought SE. It's the cheaper of the two apartment buildings and it doesn't have the creepy crawlies lot trait.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Hm, interesting. I just started playing Stone Ridge, but hm... that's in Grims Quarry and not apartments... I must be mistaken.

Anyway, I had birds, butterflies etc flying trough walls in the past, but they were mostly CC that I just repositioned. The item is designed so that one side of it is free of animations, meaning no creatures will fly into one of the 4 directions. But if you use no cc for this, it sounds like something EA should address as the base object probably is located outside your lot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Nope. No bird related CC. I am going to play the apartment to pack up the occupant's belongings before moving him in with his lady love who is now residing in Sulani. And since she moved into a single story house, she hasn't had any problem with bats flying through the walls. I think this has something to do with the cave dwelling bats in SE as they emerge from the cave at sunset or when disturbed. The problem is a bit funny, to be honest. But it shouldn't be happening. :/
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    It's one of the ways t contract vampirism, that's all I know but I think that's actually a vampiric sim in bat form and not just a random bat.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Is Patchy's tree somewhere near the house? There are dark birds flying through a house if it is too near.
  • Options
    So far the problem was resolved as soon as I moved one of my Sims out of the first apartment. The second Sim is still residing in one apartment but the bats have stopped flying through the apartments at sundown. And these are the Stone Street apartments, not Stoneridge as I previously stated. I have had Sims living there before I bought SE and never had bats do that. I don't own the Vampire pack so that is why I believe it is a glitch that came with SE since there is a cave with bats on the mountain. Thanks so much for all the replies. :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Do you have the Slice of Life mod, by any chance? I think this was added (not sure why!) some time ago.
  • Options
    I've been using SOL for over a year and never had this glitch before I added SE. The timing is why I believe the bat problem at the apartment buildings is being triggered by that pack. I had several Sims live in both apartment buildings last summer and never saw a single bat, or group of bats, fly right through the walls at sunset. But as soon as I had one of the residents move out, the bats never appeared again. So I have no clue what the real cause of it was.