Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Refrigerator lock. Please.

I have a Sim that is overeating. She just polished off 3 servings of the Grand Breakfast and the day isn't over. Tried the Gym with no success. It takes her half a day to walk to the back of the Oasis Springs park.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I put taste of diet ice cream in their fridges or get them to order it in a restaurant. It takes about three servings to get a very fat sim to normal size.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    My 600 Pound Sim-Life.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Sounds like a good idea to me, refrigerator lock would also help if you want a certain sim take care of the household's cooking, or say build cooking skills.

Also, please include a lock to all outdoor grills on the lot. I'm tired of finding my sims grilling when I arrive their house at 3 AM ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I put taste of diet ice cream in their fridges or get them to order it in a restaurant. It takes about three servings to get a very fat sim to normal size.

I didn't realize this was thing! Is this one of the options on the ice cream maker?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    lisamwitt wrote: »

I didn't realize this was thing! Is this one of the options on the ice cream maker?

Ha, ha, yes, it is. Taste of diet makes them thin. There's also other funny named flavours which I haven't tried yet, that have different effects.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_cream_maker
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Ha, ha, yes, it is. Taste of diet makes them thin. There's also other funny named flavours which I haven't tried yet, that have different effects.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_cream_maker

Thanks! I've only made chocolate with it. Lol.

I haven't had a problem with my Sims eating non-stop, but they do cook all the time when they don't need to.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    I have only had an issue with gluttons eating too much food.

I really wouldn't mind a refrigerator lock though, it could work the same as you can restrict a sim or sims not from the household from using doors or computers. I sure wouldn't mind a lock so sims that I invite can't go and grab the drinks I make all the time. If you mix a nice drink and put it in the refrigerator, then almost 100% all the time the sims that I invite over will immediately go to the refrigerator and drink it.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member

Also, please include a lock to all outdoor grills on the lot. I'm tired of finding my sims grilling when I arrive their house at 3 AM ;)

They do grill too much. It's annoying. I don't even want to put grills up in new homes, because I'm afraid the Sims will spend all their time grilling a huge amount of food that will never get eaten. It would be good to have a way to stop the compulsive grilling without getting rid of the grills.

While they're at it, locks on the cauldrons would be great too. It's kinda nice that they can use the cauldrons to cook, but it's annoying when you're trying to get a caster to practice or brew potions, and the thing is always filled with mac and cheese! It would be nice if casters could lock a cauldron so that nobody can start cooking in it when the caster doesn't want it filled with food!

• Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I would really like a refrigerator lock. It’s really annoying when other sims eat my sims’ food, especially when I’m trying to have a dinner party or something and the guests keep eating random leftovers instead of the food my sim just cooked.

I did have problems recently with a sim that kept autonomously eating leftovers. I’m pretty sure it was because he had the glutton trait.
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    The cooking bug itself seems to randomly spiral out of control. Sometimes they grab the food I've made, sometimes they don't. The only sure way is to prepare food, and then have someone occupy the oven or fridge.

My spellcasters cauldron has been put as far away as possible. When I see someone head in that direction, I immediately swoop in to stop them. Do we really have to wish for locks on the cauldron, grills and fridges because this bug won't be easily dealt with?

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I haven't experienced issues with overeating but there's this lovely dose of endless cooking going on.
    I decided to observe this amazingly intelligent individual. She's hungry, prepares two servings of food while their fridge is full of leftovers, but does she eat any of them? Nah, better cook one more. I bet one day she's going to starve to death with food all around her. (... and I think I'm gonna let them cuz "natural selection" and all lol).
    qhSx4c5.jpg
  • Options
    With all that cooking I bet your sim has a high level in cooking skill. Buy a sales table and make her sell all the extra food she cooks.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Put it in a 1x3 "alcove" and place a door on it. Then you can restrict specific sims from opening it.
  • Options
    A lock would be a bit much, having to always unlock for certain sims at certain times. It’d be a better idea to add a schedule to it like the pet food bowls.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    Why not just lock the kitchen door?
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'd like to be able to lock the fridge because all my Sims eat are either potato chips or animal crackers lately and those are not what I want them to eat. The fridge is full of leftover meals, but they won't eat them.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My Sims have been overeating since the last update. They grab a plate regardless even if they are not hungry.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    YES PLEASE.

No more annoying sims grabbing snacks constantly. Only Glutton Sims should be snacking all the time.
  • Options
    I’ve been thinking about this and have come to the conclusion that putting a lock on IS NOT the best answer. Aside from never having seen one with a lock in real life, that would be a band-aid fix.

The problem is the sims behavior, not the fridge. It doesn’t do anything. Instead, fix sims so that the average adult sim automatically eats three square meals daily with room for one small snack. Eating patterns are more eccentric the younger a sim is, and must be scolded/taught by parents how to eat right.

Traits such as over-eater and under-eater could also affect autonomy. Now that’s a fix. So, of course, they won’t do it.