Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could an "occult sim" (aka a Life State) be in a kit?

ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
edited April 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
An admittedly hair brained thought here but it occurred to me after someone suggested they could do a new world in a kit on another thread.

Could they introduce an "occult" sim via a kit?

Now for all you folks who are probably not going to read before responding (and I honestly considered putting "read before responding in title")

I am not talking about the occult sims like Fairies and Werewolves.
I am talking about the "life states" in general that have ALL been lumped together in to the "occult sims" category for Sims 4.

I'm talking about things like introducing (based on past Life States in the game)
the "Imaginary Friend", which is technically occult, I guess, but not really something that seems high in demand... or is it?
Bigfoot - which was in Sims 2 on a hidden lot and I would hope would come with a lot if they do this in a kit.
Genies - sure, they could be in a game pack expansion but honestly... they could be dropped in a kit on their own as well.
Zombie - eh, not sure many folks want them (myself included) which is all the more reason to drop them in a kit for those who do and let the rest of us be without them. :smile:

or variations of past stuff or something new all together like:
a "Cyborg" Sim, as an off shoot of the servos introduced in the University Expansion) and basically an improved version of the "Sim bot" from Sims 3.
"Halflling" / "Dwarf" - similar type character from or similar short in stature characters from fantasy fiction (would include elves too but might be too big for a kit... also, elves are not usually short)
something resembling an orc that is taller than a normal sim. (or a non-orc life state that is taller than a normal sim)

some new fantasy life state involving the types of fantasy sims from the Dragon Valley downloadable world from Sims 3

etc etc ... you get the idea.... (I hope)

As much as I thought the idea of introducing new worlds via kits would be an interesting idea (especially since something similar was done in Sims 3), the thought of them doing something like this occurred to me and both intrigued me and made me cringe.

Thoughts?

Origin ID: ghamrick75
(I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    I wouldn't mind to get genies, zombies or the imaginary friend in a kit. I think it can be done. Bust the dust feels quite complex, so those could be done. Just please fix the bugs before releasing to the public...
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think some of them might fit into a stuff pack but I know if one was my favourite I wouldn't want it as a kit as the content would be so small.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    For 5 bucks they could definitely make a fleshed-out new occult for a kit. But knowing EA, they will never do that, they're too greedy.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    If you want TS4 PlantSims again. :neutral:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,139 Member
    I would only love the Genie Occult Kit if Genies can be a playable Lifestate in CAS & they can come with their choices of a Magic Lamb, Bottle & Ring. ;)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    From what I have seen about fairies today I think they could possibly fit in a kit just need wings a hover animation, fairy dust animation and insert mischief affect when they cast a spell as if the Sims team would not reuse already existing animations. Now the only reason they would need a bigger pack is fairy a world
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    That’s an interesting one.
    World Kits? I doubt it. Too much work for the studio to create a unique world and sell it for a fiver. Unless you want to end up with another New Crest or a Tiny world...A world Stuff Pack sounds more plausible. But who knows?

Minor Occults....perhaps.

A dust bunny is a minor occult that we can’t control and an imaginary friend would probably be very similar to this. Instead of a dust system we’d get the “Imaginary friend system”. I could totally see this work for a gameplay kit.

However some occults such as Plant Sims, Zombies & Genies may require special CAS items and I wonder if such mixed content automatically shifts into the Stuff pack category or above? A kit is either/ or, right?

It really depends on how deep they plan to go with these guys if they plan to work on them at all.

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,727 Member
    edited April 2021
    Maybe if the occult was quite simple and very similar to a normal sim, I still think there would be a lot of work though, I think they would have to update a lot of configuration files so the game knows what this occult is and so that the game knows how to react when it's doing something.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    That’s an interesting one.
    World Kits? I doubt it. Too much work for the studio to create a unique world and sell it for a fiver. Unless you want to end up with another New Crest or a Tiny world...A world Stuff Pack sounds more plausible. But who knows?

I was looking at the "World Kits" being something akin to the worlds available on the Sims 3 store.

Though honestly... I would love a few more "Newcrest" type worlds that would be blank extensions of the other worlds.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2021
    I was going to say noooooooooooo!! But I actually read it lol😆😆I would yes to this for more niche occults like imaginary friends but to be honest I think kits are too small... An occult, even if niche sounds more like stuff pack material if we want anything interesting like paranormal at least.
    I thought world kits would be reasonable because there is no gameplay involved they just have to design the world. But with occults we are going to want some kind of meaningful gameplay...
    Who knows though. The last stuff pack felt like a mini game pack. So maybe the kits can be the new stuff pack lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,357 Member
    Under most circumstances, I'm gonna say that an Occult is too much to fit into a kit. Especially any occult with additional CAS features.

However, it is possible that they could expand Plant Sims into a more permanent Occult state with a kit, since it would be an add-on to stuff in the base game. And expanding Ghosts is another possibility.

But I don't think they could add a full new occult, even with just an additional pie chart worth of interactions like Aliens and Mermaids.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    From what I have seen about fairies today I think they could possibly fit in a kit just need wings a hover animation, fairy dust animation and insert mischief affect when they cast a spell as if the Sims team would not reuse already existing animations. Now the only reason they would need a bigger pack is fairy a world

Oh no, faeries are far too big and complicated to fit into a kit. They would need a skill or power tree of some sort at the very least.

While I doubt Sims would go into this much detail, there's also the Seelie and Unseelie courts, not to mention many different types of Fae. And yes, having their own world similar to Realm of Magic would defintely be needed.

I agree with @DaWaterRat rat that expanding Ghosts or Plant Sims with a kit would be possible. Or as the OP and @Babykittyjade suggested I feel Imaginary Friends might work as a kit, since I don't see how they could be a fully-fleshed out occult with their own skill tree and what not.