Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone know of a good star field replacement mod?

Shojoangel's smaller stars no longer works for me for some reason.
And neither does brntwaffle's skyrim field.Are there any others? Those are the two that keep popping up.

They used to work, but suddenly stopped and even reinstalling the games and removing other mods, still didn't help.:(

Comments

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @GraceyManor

I have a couple other star mods saved and backed up but not used as yet because Shojoangels are still working for me thankfully. I think these 2 star mods are probably the closest to the size of shojoangels and Brntwaffles so I hope you can make one work for you and there not be too much of a difference. The only other types of star mods I have are the big spiky stars for fantasy worlds.

Aminovas has a default starfield that I think looks quite similar

jxzAy07.png

https://aminovas.tumblr.com/post/100798547047/default-star-field-by-aminovas-i-am-sure-many-of

mahamudosim3 also has a star mod that is described as the stars looks smaller and more delicate.

6e79w36.jpg

nEVlFjO.jpg

mh9uE0D.jpg

7k9MgAD.jpg

http://mahamudosim3.blogspot.com/2013/02/star-field-texture-replacement-v2.html?zx=fe27d566417e5e66

Wasset also has a mod that covers lighting, stars, moon, snow and even rain drops however the links for that have gone but I found one with a working link where you can downloaded separated packages so you could just use the star mod alone if you wanted to..

HOFrDZr.png

https://villiesim.tumblr.com/post/186852063159/wasset-aseskara-enchanted-environment-sky-mod/amp
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited April 2021
    Thanks! I tried the last one it doesn’t work for me either and I think it may be because my game
    Is missing the files they the mod is overriding
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @GraceyManor

OMG let me try Wasset's star mod which is the last one to see if it works in my game because if it's okay in mine you appear to have some issues relating to just those game files and if so i am wondering if you started a new folder in documents if there are specific new files you could add to your current game if so?

Have you tried the top 2 other star mods and if so what was the outcome?

Edit; As soon as I put the Wasset mod in my game I experiences glitches immediately so i would sick to trying the other 2 out.
  • Options
    I will try the other two I went with the third as it looked the best from the pics
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    @GraceyManor

Now I am going to try the full wasset's enchanted sky mod which includes the stars, snow and moon to see if I get any glitches. I have taken all my usual ones out. Have you seen the milky way stars mod by Nilxis? Its a little more intense but looks great in game too..

MPho160.png

https://nilxis.tumblr.com/post/164572117716/milky-way-night-sky-for-ts3-and-caw-this-mod

Edit: Nope same glitch and going to put my usual sky mods back in and make sure the glitch is not something else..

Edit again. The glitch in my game was gone immediately when i removed Wasset's mods so in my game at least i know it was that.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Shojoangel's smaller stars no longer works for me for some reason.
    And neither does brntwaffle's skyrim field.Are there any others? Those are the two that keep popping up.

They used to work, but suddenly stopped and even reinstalling the games and removing other mods, still didn't help.:(

When you say "not working" - do you mean causing errors in game or just not showing? Because I am using brntwaffles skyrim field too, but lately I have wondered if I am seeing EA stars again because I kept thinking the stars look sort of lame and too big. Like the default. But I hadnt played in months so I was unsure. There's no reason they shouldn't work all of a sudden, as I have not done anything. But you never know what Origin sneaks in I guess.

Sometimes Origin just unchecks all my expansions and stuff, lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    When I say not working I mean just not showing I am seeing the default big stars they are looking big and bulky.My lighting mod from brntwaffles works but it seems star replacements don’t ShojoAngel’s mod oat what file it replaces but I don’t see it in either my sims 3 folder or the origin games—-the sims 3— game bin folder wondering if that is why
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 mahamudosim3 worked for me and looks very similar, thanks!
  • Options
    @GraceyManor

Thank all the gods of the star mods lol I am so pleased you found something you could use. I got a little concerned yesterday when I was getting glitches as I was testing the other mods then after that i was also a little scared when putting Shojoangel's mod back in my game as I thought by removing it I might have nudged something and it not work again lol but thankfully it was okay which makes it even more of mystery as to why it won't work properly in your game anymore :) So many sims 3 glitches popping up all over the place these days..