Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who In The Plum Made These Design Choices For The Photo Studio?

I want to speak to your manager!!

Kidding...but no really. Why do we have those markers, but it only works with 3 sims? I thought for sure it must work for as many as you have set out, right? Wrong! Who the heck made these decisions on these objects and why didn't they take into account people who play large families or even people that want to do photoshoots? I shouldn't have to download a poseplayer and tons of poses just to take a darn family photo! I'm trying to be patient here, but this has rubbed me the wrong way. All I wanted was a decent family photo. Why can't we just select the sims and click pose? At least we could have them stand on the spot and then pose them so the picture looks normal. I really dislike this. Anyone know of a mod that enables it for more than 3 or has a pose option on the sim?

Here's the only kind of decent pic I was able to take of my kids...and it's not even good!
ibKmOyV.png

Comments

• Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    How do you get them to stay still on the marker? They start chatting and then they're looking this way and that and not at the camera. In my photo, the 3 boys are posing, but the girl isn't. She was looking all over and chatting with everyone so I had her practice singing and just managed to get her in a decent pose.
  • Options
    Ok...took matters into my own hands. It involved using Gimp and images I took in game. But now I have a much better family photo and it includes the parents.

RDYWvOn.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    well have to agree

we need better family and couple poses cause it do take ridiculous amount of work to get decent picture of sims together
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Who needs a photo studio when you can just snap candids

blowing-off-steam.png

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The group poses are so weird, too. It's like most of them don't even try and make the sims match or have a cohesive theme. Very few of them have physical interaction between the photos.

I sure hope we get more picture poses. But knowing how things work around here, they probably abandoned the concept and won't ever update it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Was wondering about that this other day. Took pictures of age groups; twins, teen and older child.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @Mstybl95
    I like the look of your sims! 👍🏼
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    The group poses are so weird, too. It's like most of them don't even try and make the sims match or have a cohesive theme. Very few of them have physical interaction between the photos.

I sure hope we get more picture poses. But knowing how things work around here, they probably abandoned the concept and won't ever update it.

I imagine very few have interactions between the poses because of clipping issues and sims' age stage. The only way it would work as group photo would be if they all stood straight, like in school pictures.
  • Options
    We should really just have an option on the sim to pose them like we did in TS2.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It works well enough for the pack if you want to create photos with a few sims showing off some clothes but I agree that it doesn't work well for family photos.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Yes, it is hard to get good shots of a family, family pictures would really be a good thing for them to add to generations..... I hope they will do that. I have used the get to work studio to get family pictures by sending extra sims to certain spots, but it is so difficult. Also some people for the studio picture have used moo to place some chairs in the picture and make some sims sit. You might find an old picture thread of that.

I wonder if you can use the photo studio for 2 sims ( I think they have to be the same age ), and then Moo in some X’s.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I hope we get better group pictures and romance poses in 2021. I don't think we have one pose with kids and adults like we do toddlers and adults...

I honestly wish for a rabbit hole photo studio and the sims came back with family portraits. Taking photos in the worlds with different settings is cool but tedious for large families and it still looks odd. @purplestarz2006 photo is about what I get, it doesn't look good to me in a framed picture on a sims wall with the sims spaced like that. Someone gets cut off or the detail is shot because the tripod has to be set further away. Every household I want I want at least one family portrait together and I think it would be easier if we got them in inventory like the graduation picture. No dealing with camera mode, which can be a stuttering mess going in/out too often.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I hope we get better group pictures and romance poses in 2021. I don't think we have one pose with kids and adults like we do toddlers and adults...

I honestly wish for a rabbit hole photo studio and the sims came back with family portraits. Taking photos in the worlds with different settings is cool but tedious for large families and it still looks odd. @purplestarz2006 photo is about what I get, it doesn't look good to me in a framed picture on a sims wall with the sims spaced like that. Someone gets cut off or the detail is shot because the tripod has to be set further away. Every household I want I want at least one family portrait together and I think it would be easier if we got them in inventory like the graduation picture. No dealing with camera mode, which can be a stuttering mess going in/out too often.
    I don’t like rabbit holes normally, but we already have cameras and can take pictures with them we like. So yeah, I wouldn’t mind a rabbit hole for a family portrait.... it sure would be a lot easier than trying to get them all together in a decent picture.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I don’t like rabbit holes normally, but we already have cameras and can take pictures with them we like. So yeah, I wouldn’t mind a rabbit hole for a family portrait.... it sure would be a lot easier than trying to get them all together in a decent picture.

It could be like the tent from TS3 seasons where the family would go inside that little thing and come out with a family pic. Honestly...you know when you click their house and their portrait appears in the lower left...just give me that picture in a frame. They always look great in that.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    oh photo booth I miss you
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Photo Booths were so fun to play with, especially with couples. ;)
  • Options
    Well, I was so inspired I decided to make these family photos as everyone aged...this was murder week because every other day was a birthday.

Freddy on the right aged up
    SEGy2IX.png

I figured Raven the perfectionist would have wanted something artistic and unique
    2huz7wM.png

And Alonso got the pic where everyone was tired of taking pictures already!
    4icsUwJ.png

I like this one, but I couldn't figure out how to get a shadow under their feet. Anyone know how?
    JK2wLlZ.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I'm mostly disappointed that the 'home studio' we can have on our lots won't allow for a mixture of Adults and kids. So much for the family photo I was going to attempt for the first time ever. Oh, well.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Isn't this why pose player exists and like...ten thousand poses? Yes I know not everybody uses mods but still...
  • Options
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Isn't this why pose player exists and like...ten thousand poses? Yes I know not everybody uses mods but still...

Yes...but if there's and object in game that should be the easiest method to use, or at least I think so. I've tried the pose player, but I wish it was tied to the actual in game object that we already have instead of the suit of armor. But you're right...I should just suck it up and go that route.