Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Take a serving for toddler & toddler wearing no shoes - bug?

Hi everyone

I've experiencing trouble with taking servings from cooked meals for toddlers when they're sitting in a high chair. My Sims would go and take a serving, but they have routing issues when trying to place the serving in front of the toddler sitting in the high chair. I tried moving the high chair, but nothing helps, even with lots of free space around it, I'm getting a routing failure. It seems bugged.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Another problem I encountered is my toddler wearing random shoes when I set the house rules to "no shoes allowed". It's not only CC, it's also shoes from the game. I read online that CC feet cause this, and I deleted those from my mod folders (I wasn't even aware I had them), but it keeps happening. When I change the house rule to wearing slippers, the toddler will wear slippers. The toddler will also wear their shoes when shoes are allowed. But with "no shoes allowed", my toddler keeps wearing random shoes from the game or CC.

Both problems have occured since the bunk bed patch. Is anybody else experiencing this and/or can help?

Thank you for reading.

Dakota

Comments

• Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Dakota88 The toddlers don't even need to be in a high chair to see that routing bubble appear. Yes, this has been reported on the bug forum for the grab serving: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Grab-Serving-For-Toddler-Isn-t-Working-Highchair-and-otherwise/m-p/10188532#M177962 It would be good if you could take a minute and click "me too" on the thread since quantity counts for prioritizing bug fixing. I've been surprised that thread only has 8 me toos on it so far.

I don't have a household with no shoes allowed in place so don't know if that's a legit bug seen in a totally vanilla game like mine. I don't even have any toddlers right now, although there is a baby who should age up in a few days. I'll set the rule then and see if I can replicate the issue in my game.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Thank you, @DOLLDRMS1

I did click "me too".
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @Dakota88 Hi! Back to report what I found with toddler shoes and the "no shoes allowed" in place. My first comment is that sure is working awkwardly for toddlers. One minute they have them on but if you send them somewhere in the house that requires walking, they will end up at the destination point shoeless. Also, when walking into the house, my toddler doesn't have the animation for removing shoes so will initially wear them for a bit. I'm honestly not sure if the animation has been available in the past and this is a bug, or, if it just had to be handled differently for toddlers from the get-go. At any rate, they do eventually end up shoeless and I am not seeing random shoes appear on them. That sounds like some residual mod/cc interference in your game.

After you deleted what mods/cc you thought were the cause for you, did you also delete localthumbcache from the documents folder and do a game repair before checking again? If you did and still saw the issue, perhaps try moving your mods folder to the desktop after those steps and try a new save to get a feel for how it should work on a mod/cc free game. You may still have something in the mods folder that is still causing the issue and will need to find the culprit.

Thanks for taking the time to "me too" the thread about servings. At least there are now 10 of us who would like to see that issue fixed!